The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Nebula must have Saturation Plugins
Old 4th April 2018
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martel80 View Post
When you'll try that Opto 3a from Tim P, Rose will take a Loooooong sleep deep in your library.
Be sticking my hand in my pocket on Monday then, really good opto will come in handy for finishing a project.
Old 4th April 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by stella645 View Post
Are you certain this isn't a deliberate change in latest version?
There's even a picture of Bronze on the site open exactly like this.....without any metering/bypass unit above it.
Yes ... the GUI'd BRONZE does not show BYPASS or Meters.

If you click EDIT ... the GUI resorts to the standard N4 Gui. A click on SIMPLE will revert to the Bronze GUI.

Why they were left out ... I don't know.
Old 5th April 2018
Gear Head

Anyone had problem saving settings in N4 vst3
Tried the vst2 and no problems, can save alternative paths and works fine.
Soon as use vst3 I can open and close settings but can't save without plugin freezing and DAW not responding.
The alternative paths that I added with vst2 version don't show up either, in vst3 so must use a different file. Still there when I go back to vst2 plug.
Might be a admin priveledges access problem or the settings file is currently read only, but may be something else, not sure where to look to try and resolve.
Old 5th April 2018
Lives for gear
AlexB's T65 seems to have slipped under the radar. Anyone tried?
Old 5th April 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaolin View Post
Looks really nice. I ended up going with H32 for the Harrison sound instead of the T65 during the Easter sale (wanted to stick with just one for now and was curious about the H32 library ... but those German EQs always sound great).
Old 5th April 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoundsman View Post
Be sticking my hand in my pocket on Monday then, really good opto will come in handy for finishing a project.
you wont be disapointed
Old 5th April 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJHollins View Post
Yes ... the GUI'd BRONZE does not show BYPASS or Meters.

If you click EDIT ... the GUI resorts to the standard N4 Gui. A click on SIMPLE will revert to the Bronze GUI.

Why they were left out ... I don't know.
Thanks for your response.

Just to be very clear it's not just Bronze... NO library is showing the meter/bypass unit above it's own rack as I'm sure it used to.

This one is gone completely:

Old 5th April 2018
Here for the gear

To be more precise,you CAN see that "part" of the N4 skin if you assign "N4_HEAD" (or something like that) as the skin in a setup. The thing is, that way, ALL you can see is the "header" with the meters, you can't access the faders, knobs or anything else.
Maybe they took them away to the workshop so they can FINALLY fix them. hehe.
Old 5th April 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baila Tosco View Post
To be more precise,you CAN see that "part" of the N4 skin if you assign "N4_HEAD" (or something like that) as the skin in a setup. The thing is, that way, ALL you can see is the "header" with the meters, you can't access the faders, knobs or anything else.
Maybe they took them away to the workshop so they can FINALLY fix them. hehe.
What happens when you click the EDIT BUTTON at the top of N4 ?

When I click EDIT, I see the standard N4 GUI with knobs and faders.

Clicking the SIMPLE button returns to the custom GUI.
Old 5th April 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
What happens when you click the EDIT BUTTON at the top of N4 ?

When I click EDIT, I see the standard N4 GUI with knobs and faders.

Clicking the SIMPLE button returns to the custom GUI.
Correct....but no meters/bypass button rack which is what is being queried.

So first someone said that the meters and bypass buttons were missing and your reply was:

Quote:
If no BYPASS button or Meters, then files are not correct in repository.
Which suggested that you were seeing the meters and bypass button.
However after reinstalling and being pretty confident my install is OK I'm still not seeing the meters/bypass button rack.

I think reading between the lines that this rack unit is actually removed in this version.
In fact the simple and edit buttons were previously also on this unit and are now in the toolbar.
Old 5th April 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaolin View Post
A worthy addition to the EQ collection, tight, crisp highs and solid lows.

Sounds really nice.

Nice that it comes with the N4 skin.
Old 6th April 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Correct....but no meters/bypass button rack which is what is being queried.

So first someone said that the meters and bypass buttons were missing and your reply was:

Which suggested that you were seeing the meters and bypass button.
However after reinstalling and being pretty confident my install is OK I'm still not seeing the meters/bypass button rack.

I think reading between the lines that this rack unit is actually removed in this version.
In fact the simple and edit buttons were previously also on this unit and are now in the toolbar.
Yeah ... this gets tough in an open forum. Differing platforms, plugin formats.
It is the reason AA established the Ticket system, whereby details are focused
on a specific user and his system.

I think my posting only confused the issue. sorry.
Old 6th April 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Yeah ... this gets tough in an open forum. Differing platforms, plugin formats.
It is the reason AA established the Ticket system, whereby details are focused
on a specific user and his system.

I think my posting only confused the issue. sorry.
You either see the meters or you don't see the meters....not that tough a question surely?
Edit: sorry, that sounds almost rude reading it back...not my intention and I do appreciate you taking the time to try and help!

If you do see them, I'll raise that ticket immediately...if not then we have 4 users reporting no meters and no-one who has said they see meters, so I think it's safe to assume this is a design change and raising a ticket is pointless.
Old 6th April 2018
Gear Head

No meters here either; noticed the first day. Miss them a lot.
Old 6th April 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
You either see the meters or you don't see the meters....not that tough a question surely?
Edit: sorry, that sounds almost rude reading it back...not my intention and I do appreciate you taking the time to try and help!

If you do see them, I'll raise that ticket immediately...if not then we have 4 users reporting no meters and no-one who has said they see meters, so I think it's safe to assume this is a design change and raising a ticket is pointless.
I have not used the half ass Nebula meters in years so I was not missing them, but my standard N4 does not have them here also. All the custom skins have meters showing but I don't use them, I'm all Klanghelm meters here.
Old 6th April 2018
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will The Weirdo View Post
I have not used the half ass Nebula meters in years so I was not missing them, but my standard N4 does not have them here also. All the custom skins have meters showing but I don't use them, I'm all Klanghelm meters here.
Good suggestion. I’ve been trying that free waves VU meter, but unsure if it’s quality.
Old 6th April 2018
Lives for gear

If I may speculate ... I think the N4 METERS have been 'temporarily' removed because they were not working as designed.

This goes back into Neb-3 territory.

Due to the expansion of N4 technology, that now handles Compression in a much improved way, the Meter design/function was
not able to work properly and adapt.

We were told that METERS will be addressed this year. I expect that they will return in a future update.

As for 3rd Party GUI's, the Skinners have a customized implementation.

It'll be interesting to see how this all plays out.
Old 6th April 2018
Just got L-Buss, Shape Modifier and canpan from Tim P.

Anyone got any suggestion ?

I'm about to dive in a grimy vinyl sample based kind of trip hop mix.

Especialy for the latest....I was really curious....but what the hell is a canpan ( volume and pan pot...every body have that, no ? ) ...

Hummm

Lets see if all your bragging about the L-Buss was BS
Old 7th April 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martel80 View Post
Just got L-Buss, Shape Modifier and canpan from Tim P.

Anyone got any suggestion ?

I'm about to dive in a grimy vinyl sample based kind of trip hop mix.

Especialy for the latest....I was really curious....but what the hell is a canpan ( volume and pan pot...every body have that, no ? ) ...

Hummm

Lets see if all your bragging about the L-Buss was BS
CADpan -- based on a Cadac console, which was why I bought it. I have major lust for the Cadac G Series (Radiohead and Jonathan Wilson have those consoles, as well as a studio in Germany called Idee Un Klang), though I'm not sure if Tim's is a G series. If anyone using AA sampling tech ever wants to do a major sampling of the G Series console channel strip, I would be a very happy boy.
Old 7th April 2018
First report

L Busss was very VERY interesting.
Better then my gyraf, slopier but way better.

And for the other 2, I had no time....L Buss got me too confuse.

Review: Go get it fool !
Old 7th April 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosewood123 View Post
CADpan -- based on a Cadac console, which was why I bought it. I have major lust for the Cadac G Series (Radiohead and Jonathan Wilson have those consoles, as well as a studio in Germany called Idee Un Klang), though I'm not sure if Tim's is a G series. If anyone using AA sampling tech ever wants to do a major sampling of the G Series console channel strip, I would be a very happy boy.
I think the London Calling album was done on a Cadac console too. Such a great sounding record.
Old 7th April 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by candyflip View Post
I think the London Calling album was done on a Cadac console too. Such a great sounding record.
Yep, I believe you're correct!

Just a correction to my post earlier: Idee und Klang is located in Switzerland, not Germany.
Old 7th April 2018
Lives for gear

Hey guys, so now that Bronze has been out a little while, how are you liking it? How does it compare to Azure? I haven't had a proper period to demo it. Busy and then got sick with my ears plugged for days. Anyway, I'm interested to hear what people are using it for and what they think of the sound.
Old 7th April 2018
Lives for gear
Quote:
Hey guys, so now that Bronze has been out a little while, how are you liking it? How does it compare to Azure? I haven't had a proper period to demo it. Busy and then got sick with my ears plugged for days. Anyway, I'm interested to hear what people are using it for and what they think of the sound.
Honestly I about to throw the N4 player and my home computer out the window!!! It seems we’re back to having a crash bonanza on Pro Tools Mac again. Every session it crashes no less than 3 times. But then I wouldnt be able to continue my Bronze trial. So I keep subjecting myself to this frustration. Bronze is the best eq itb Ive tried for stealthily cutting mud, honk, and sizzle. I personally think that would be its stength as boosting is transparent so no real sex appeal there and is pretty aggressive. The air frequencies add a nice sparkle. Very different than Azure where it can handle huge boosts and sound beautiful. Azure also has a tighter stereo image or more glued depth in presenation which lends itself nicely on busses. Bronze presents itself as taller and looser but musical. Hard to explain but reminiscent of Scarlet if youve demoed that. Bronze for stealth and tone control, Azure to highlight and bring together.

Now if N4 player would cooperate with me and stop crashing I can buy the darn thing. I dont miss having these issues and cant believe im relying on Aquas for seemless crashless function. Anyone else having more than a few crashes?
Old 7th April 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Where Azure is soft, smooth, and so very beautiful..... Bronze is aggressive with edge in a clean way that must be used to be appreciated, a little goes a long way.
Old 7th April 2018
Lives for gear

Thanks for the feedback. I'm loving Azure here, and I agree with the descriptors. Going to put Bronze through its paces soon enough.
@Asher Bay, I'm getting more crashes here for N4 than before the update as well. I'm sure AA is working on it all given all the crash reports.
Old 7th April 2018
Gear Nut

What's everyone's favourite eq to handle low mids?
Old 7th April 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will Blackburn View Post
Trident a range its good,surge eq probably or sontec.
Old 7th April 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will Blackburn View Post
API 5500 & Massive Passive are always a great place to start for mids IMHO.
Old 7th April 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will The Weirdo View Post
API 5500 & Massive Passive are always a great place to start for mids IMHO.
The Massivo yes the 290 hz it works..Which Massivo do u use ?

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search