The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Nebula must have Saturation Plugins
Old 17th October 2012
Lives for gear

Headsup: AITB is releasing their new reverb libraries today and having a 25% off sale on everything else...
Old 17th October 2012
Gear Nut

I've been trying out the new AITB Phono. verb on some symphonic material & it sounds very good.
Old 17th October 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulRain View Post
I know, I have some AlexB stuff too, that's why I was asking if any of you find some of the programs in "The Console Strip" to be dark, and by the way they are 2/3 dB lower but that's now a big issue.
Some real consoles/mixers are darker

My Speck Xtramix had a darker, more rounded bottom end, and creamier sound.
I have a few comapro threads/posts with audio files comparing it to the sound straight to my Lynx Hilo
Old 17th October 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by hsym View Post
I've been trying out the new AITB Phono. verb on some symphonic material & it sounds very good.
Are they copy protected?
Old 17th October 2012
Gear Nut

The libraries need to be authorized if that's what you mean.
Old 18th October 2012
Lives for gear

Talk about good karma

• View topic - Bricasti M7

With this, I'm set
Old 18th October 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultra171 View Post
Talk about good karma

With this, I'm set
shhhh it's our secret :P
Old 18th October 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Talk about good karma

With this, I'm set
Nice!
Old 19th October 2012
Lives for gear

Well sad news in a way:

Quote:
No true stereo as far as I know but my hack may circumvent it for now.
With no modulation it just means that the chorus type lush reverb tails won't be getting sampled. In fact if you attempt to with convolution using sweep tones it just doesn't get captured that well.
I guess nothing is perfect, right?
Old 20th October 2012
Gear Addict
New Echoplex library over at Signal to Noize! It's killer!

Of course it's just a collection of a few particular settings, but trust me, if it works in your song (time wise), then the whole purchase is worth it.

More importantly, there is a "Dry" preset that is simply the tone of the box. So, I've taken my GS-201 space echo plugin and thrown this preset after it.

Holy cow. Really. Amazing way to leverage ANY bland sounding delay plug.
Old 22nd October 2012
Lives for gear

regarding the AlexB's VSF programs

Anyone have issues with glitching at the start of audio files when rendering with the line amps?

I get square waves glitches!
Lucky there was no audio at the start of the files I processed.
I think it's specific to these programs... AlexB you want to investigate this

----

Some comparisons of lineamps from the 3 sets.
The KRG (ms20) has a lot of bass boost, which I'm told is due to a bass boost circuit in the original synth.
MMG (Minimoog) is creamy and thick.

Original audio is from my Alesis Andromeda, which is already analog and has cloned Moog modular parts shrunk down to chips. Recorded direct to Lynx Hilo
Attached Files
Old 23rd October 2012
Lives for gear

Well, I have changed my opinion on the TC Phoenix.. it's incredible in it's ability to bring the vocals and solo instruments more "in-your-face" on the mix. I think it's a combination of the subtle tube sound and the compression. I didn't like what it does to the bass, but the hpf helps with that.

Now i love it.
Old 23rd October 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Well, I have changed my opinion on the TC Phoenix.. it's incredible in it's ability to bring the vocals and solo instruments more "in-your-face" on the mix. I think it's a combination of the subtle tube sound and the compression. I didn't like what it does to the bass, but the hpf helps with that.

Now i love it.
Are you referring to AlexB's Fenix?

I've been using it on busses only so far. I guess I'll try it on solo instruments :D
Old 23rd October 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpchartrand View Post
Are you referring to AlexB's Fenix?

I've been using it on busses only so far. I guess I'll try it on solo instruments :D
Yes. And I mean when used on the master bus it really brings stuff like guitars and vocals up front, better than any compressor I've tried. The stereo image is kinda narrow. I really wished it had some fatter bass and better SI, but otherwise really happy.
Old 23rd October 2012
Gear Maniac
The biggest Nebula must-have is an OSX 64 bit version.
Old 28th October 2012
Lives for gear

Well, I've gotten to the point where I have nothing except the 5088 console emu on the master.. I have Neve Portico pre -> 5043 comp -> 5033 eq -> 5042 tape emu on every channel group, properly gain staged. Sometimes I use the Manley VoxBox pre on vocals, usually no other tube gear emulations used.

The sound is just super wide, smooth & fat. Absolutely NO artificial widening etc. needed. Almost everything i add to the master now makes it sound worse.
Old 28th October 2012
Jus
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by grame99 View Post
The biggest Nebula must-have is an OSX 64 bit version.
Yes. 64 bit AU. The wait has been really long.
Old 30th October 2012
Gear Addict

Quote:
Well, I've gotten to the point where I have nothing except the 5088 console emu on the master.. I have Neve Portico pre -> 5043 comp -> 5033 eq -> 5042 tape emu on every channel group, properly gain staged. Sometimes I use the Manley VoxBox pre on vocals, usually no other tube gear emulations used.

The sound is just super wide, smooth & fat. Absolutely NO artificial widening etc. needed. Almost everything i add to the master now makes it sound worse.
Sounds like a really smart approach....When you say 'Portico' what are you talking about? The hardware, Nebula, Steinberg, etc...

Thanks,
BL
Old 30th October 2012
Lives for gear

Nebula of course, all the way. Actually, it would be real hassle for me to use actual hardware, so I guess this suits me even better.

More news regarding the Bricasti M7 (from the Acoustica forums):

Quote:
Re: Bricasti M7
by cdsoundmaster » Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:32 am

Just a quick note to say that the last few hours testing Henry's work are promising. I think it is going to be all 96kHz and it should follow Casey's "100% Free" request. There is not accurate way to downsample to 44.1kHz outside Nebula. It would have to be the exact same process repeated in the 30-layer separate stereo sampling process that is being done at 96kHz. The two rates do not relate to each other the same way that you can down-sample via conversion for a song or mix. It takes a while to load if converting to 44.1kHz but it plays back smoothly live on a relatively slow computer (regular dual core 4 gig ram 32 bit OS AMD2).
Sent audio to Henry to test samples against hardware again to see how it passes the ear test
Great work so far Henry!
*drool*
Old 30th October 2012
Gear Addict

Awesomeness. Thank you, I will keep an eye open for your posting's.
Old 1st November 2012
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jus View Post
Yes. 64 bit AU. The wait has been really long.
Really hope they get the 64bit AU released soon.
Old 1st November 2012
Gear Maniac

I really would love to have a central adress to look for Nebula Programs. THey should be sorted. and maybe 1 AUdio demo each, and of course what the hw counterpart was.

I feel like I miss great stuff that people recorded maybe years ago, gave it away free and it went forgotten etc...

--

anyway I am looking into buying the mammoth - anyone tried it? I would use it as a mastering and also a colouring tool for single tracks... would it work?
Old 1st November 2012
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomfist View Post

anyway I am looking into buying the mammoth - anyone tried it? I would use it as a mastering and also a colouring tool for single tracks... would it work?
Its the only thing allowed to touch the highs on my drumbus!

You'll be satisfied. I can tell you that much.
Old 1st November 2012
Gear Maniac

is the website down?

http://www.acustica-audio.com/
Old 1st November 2012
Lives for gear

Yeah they are clearing spam, could take anywhere from a hour to a few days.
Old 1st November 2012
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvis Gotta Gun View Post
Really hope they get the 64bit AU released soon.
Me too man, me too.
Old 1st November 2012
Lives for gear

^ +10000
Old 2nd November 2012
Quote:

I didn't know there was a 5042 program available...
Old 2nd November 2012
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeronimo View Post
I didn't know there was a 5042 program available...
I'm guessing "Tape 5042 I" or "Tape 5042 II". These are in the native package.
Old 2nd November 2012
Lives for gear

No, it's AlexB "Modern White Tape" (part of the TSX package). It sounds completely different than the native version for some reason..

I'm also trying different master buss compressors, but with this setup, none has really blown me away. I wish they clone the Portico II MBP (at some point) which is apparently a of the whole modern RND sound.

This is just what I use.. I still haven't got to use the 5043 since the controls require the Nebula3 Pro (which I didn't notice when I bought it). Will report on that later.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search