The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Nebula must have Saturation Plugins
Old 29th March 2018
  #3211
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJHollins View Post
If you have N-4 .... you do not need N4Player.

We are told on AA forum that N4 and N4P can NOT co-exist.
Yeah, I'm pretty dumb. I just read that:

Mandatory requirements
In order to use products from the official 3rd party developers:
- It is mandatory first to install either N4 Player OR N4. Only after this it will be possible to proceed with the installation of 3rd party products.
- Please don't install both versions of N4 - use only one of them to guarantee a proper functioning of the products!
- If you already use N4 please don't install N4 Player.
- Please make sure that you use an up-to-date version of N4 or N4 Player (at the point of this release N4 is version 1.1.011).
- N4 FREE and N4 Player cannot coexist.


For some reason, I was under the impression that it was only N4 Free and Player that couldn't coexist. Thanks, RJHollins!
Old 29th March 2018
  #3212
Lives for gear
 

Yeah ... I'm just not seeing Bronze anywhere in Aquarius, and the download link on the AA site brings me to an empty page with an "app.box.com" url. I suppose I will wait for an Aquarius update.
Old 29th March 2018
  #3213
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosewood123 View Post
Yeah ... I'm just not seeing Bronze anywhere in Aquarius, and the download link on the AA site brings me to an empty page with an "app.box.com" url. I suppose I will wait for an Aquarius update.
Bronze is only available on AQUARIUS.

Go to the PURCHASED page ... scroll down to the ACQUA LIBRARIES section.

There should be both a Full and TRIAL version.

Bronze is a 'hybrid' product. At the moment, it only LOADS via N-4. I believe the 'standalone' version is not yet available/working. I've heard indications that it may only be a N4 [host] product. [we'll wait on official announcement].

hope this helps.
Old 29th March 2018
  #3214
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJHollins View Post
Bronze is only available on AQUARIUS.

Go to the PURCHASED page ... scroll down to the ACQUA LIBRARIES section.

There should be both a Full and TRIAL version.

Bronze is a 'hybrid' product. At the moment, it only LOADS via N-4. I believe the 'standalone' version is not yet available/working. I've heard indications that it may only be a N4 [host] product. [we'll wait on official announcement].

hope this helps.
Thanks, RJHollins. I figured it's only available via Aquarius right now. It's definitely not appearing there; I've made sure to scroll through both Purchased and Updates pages at least three times to make sure I wasn't being stupid and just missing it. At any rate, I figured I should report the issue here to give feedback to Acustica!
Old 29th March 2018
  #3215
Lives for gear
 
swartzfeger's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosewood123 View Post
Thanks, RJHollins. I figured it's only available via Aquarius right now. It's definitely not appearing there; I've made sure to scroll through both Purchased and Updates pages at least three times to make sure I wasn't being stupid and just missing it. At any rate, I figured I should report the issue here to give feedback to Acustica!
Same -- no Bronze in Aquarius here, and no Acqua Libraries section either under the purchase tab.

The only new thing I saw under Purchase was the N4P Player.
Old 29th March 2018
  #3216
Gear Maniac
 
zabukowski's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJHollins View Post
In beta-testing ... I've experienced a crash if I selected the FINDER too quickly after inserting N4.

Trying to select a preset BEFORE N4 is actually ready seems to be the culprit.

I've reported this in the beta forum ... hopefully others reporting similar will bring attention to a solution ! [hint]
This issue was fixed in this release.
Old 29th March 2018
  #3217
Gear Maniac
 
zabukowski's Avatar
For users who are experiencing crashes with Finder button ...

Start with empty repository, then add slowly files back and re-check, if N4 still works. When Finder button is clicked for the first time, it scans and loads repository. In case of old, incompatible Nebula programs or protection issues, unexpected things could happen there.
Old 29th March 2018
  #3218
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by zabukowski View Post
This issue was fixed in this release.
Excellent news ! I will test this
Old 29th March 2018
  #3219
Gear Maniac
 

Could one of you Gentleman please explain how to use the new Nebula Setups in N4?

Never used it but quite intrigued by what TimP has to offer.
Old 29th March 2018
  #3220
Lives for gear
 
b0se's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Will The Weirdo View Post
I have all 4 above and L Bus and Flucti Mew are my buss preferences while Blue Mu and 660 are more track comps for my work.

Just remember with L Bus on the 2 buss, use slowest attack, fastest release, 2:1 or 4:1 ratio just moving the meter a touch (2-4 db reduction) for the classic SSL buss comp setting. Tim has the HP filter which allows less low end to hit the comp. On Flucti Mew just know it adds a bit of top end sheen and use similar settings to L bus but play with it more to find the sweet spot.

Both in hardware are one trick comps, but what they do they do better than anything else out there IMHO.
Interesting, I've always used auto release. Also very common!
Old 29th March 2018
  #3221
Gear Head
 
DiBiQuadro Audio's Avatar
 

Hello,

thanks for your feedbacks.

We are thinking about opening a separate thread for Bronze.

Cheers
Old 29th March 2018
  #3222
Gear Maniac
 
zabukowski's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannymac View Post
Could one of you Gentleman please explain how to use the new Nebula Setups in N4?

Never used it but quite intrigued by what TimP has to offer.
N4 Setups manual will be released very soon.
Old 29th March 2018
  #3223
Gear Maniac
 

It already is included in the latest release?
Old 29th March 2018
  #3224
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiBiQuadro Audio View Post
Hello,

thanks for your feedbacks.

We are thinking about opening a separate thread for Bronze.

Cheers
do it! You did a fantastic job. I'm finding it hard to remove it from my mixbus and adding 12k on lead vocals. As a mastering eq it's a no brainer. I'm looking forward to your future releases.
Old 29th March 2018
  #3225
Lives for gear
 
stella645's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosewood123 View Post
Yeah ... I'm just not seeing Bronze anywhere in Aquarius, and the download link on the AA site brings me to an empty page with an "app.box.com" url. I suppose I will wait for an Aquarius update.
Maybe try another browser and make sure you are logged in to Acustica site.
The download product link should bring up a box telling you that order has been successfully placed.

That said....it still doesn't appear in Aquarius for me!
Old 29th March 2018
  #3226
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiBiQuadro Audio View Post
Hello,

thanks for your feedbacks.

We are thinking about opening a separate thread for Bronze.

Cheers

You can open the thread, Bronze sounds really good.

The thing is I'm having more problems than I would like with Nebula stability. This seems to be usual for AA releases. Things might be better in a week or so.

Had a few crashes already, even on an almost empty session.

And the CPU hit is a bit much. Have you thought about making a Light Version? I've heard about the number of harmonics being high for a clean hardware like this.
Old 29th March 2018
  #3227
Lives for gear
 
wjmwpg's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asher Bay View Post
Been a long day but I must say straight out of the gate (installation and crash issues aside) this is impressive. Fantastic stereo imagine, and the way it opens a mix up top Very aggressive eq though, a little goes a loooooong way. Nice bottom as well. Probably the cleanest eq with the pre engaged of any AA product Ive heard. I dont hear it as a sweetener or enhancing eq more like "I need a little more this or a little bit less of that", except for the top end which is very unique, at least I havent heard anything like it. More in line with modern genres. If this is what we can expect moving forward from N4 Im on board 100%. The price is very tempting. Great job
Sorry, are you talking about Bronze?
Old 29th March 2018
  #3228
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjmwpg View Post
Sorry, are you talking about Bronze?
No worries. My fault, yep it was Bronze I was speaking of. I spent about 4 or 5 hours yesterday during a few mixes comparing it.
Old 29th March 2018
  #3229
Gear Addict
 
djrustycans's Avatar
 

Oh my word, Bronze is insane.... But so is the CPU usage

It just sounds huge to me but I'd have to be careful not to go too far with it!
Old 29th March 2018
  #3230
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by djrustycans View Post
Oh my word, Bronze is insane.... But so is the CPU usage

It just sounds huge to me but I'd have to be careful not to go too far with it!
Right? It is indeed huge sounding. I already used it over Azure on a few sessions. Azure spreads things sideways while Bronze sounds tall similar to how Purple is tall. Huge is not a quality I was expecting. Ive only used the UAD version which gets 0 use and Ive read about it over the years. Interesting.
Old 29th March 2018
  #3231
Gear Head
 
DiBiQuadro Audio's Avatar
 

Hello,

we have just created a new dedicated thread for Bronze here
Old 29th March 2018
  #3232
Gear Maniac
 

Hello folks,

For any long time users of AITB's Doc Fear, that demoed or purchased Ruby, did you find Ruby a significant step up?
I have had Ruby on demo and did really like it though was not using it often enough to justify the cost. Doc fear is of course much cheaper however so caught my interest.

Thanks.
Old 29th March 2018
  #3233
Lives for gear
 
swartzfeger's Avatar
Holy smokes... Bronze is a 30 day trial and you get 6 authorizations? Am I reading this right -- you can essentially demo this for 6 months?
Old 29th March 2018
  #3234
Lives for gear
 
Will The Weirdo's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by swartzfeger View Post
Holy smokes... Bronze is a 30 day trial and you get 6 authorizations? Am I reading this right -- you can essentially demo this for 6 months?
No, you get 30 days demo on up to 6 different computers.
Old 29th March 2018
  #3235
Lives for gear
 
swartzfeger's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Will The Weirdo View Post
No, you get 30 days demo on up to 6 different computers.
That makes more sense. Aspartame, tinnitus and general brain damage make me think and post stupid things occasionally.

I'm excited to try this out today.

For any of the testers (if you're allowed per your NDA) or Zaphod... can you shed any light on the difference between running this as an Acqua library inside of N4 vs as a straight Acqua plugin? Have I missed something critical in the last few pages?
Old 30th March 2018
  #3236
I used Aquarius today to update N4, and grab the Bronze trial.

I don't know what I was doing wrong, but Bronze seemed to make no difference. It wasn't bypasses, and I tried with and without the pre enabled.

I went to edit, and I could see that audio was flowing in.

Then it crashed Protools. Really weird crash though because Protools actually restarted by itself. I've never seen that before. I haven't been using a lot of AA stuff though, and it's possible that Avid changed something with the latest versions.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Edit:

And I just got the crash when opening the Finder.
Old 30th March 2018
  #3237
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by zabukowski View Post
For users who are experiencing crashes with Finder button ...

Start with empty repository, then add slowly files back and re-check, if N4 still works. When Finder button is clicked for the first time, it scans and loads repository. In case of old, incompatible Nebula programs or protection issues, unexpected things could happen there.
Hi ZAB ... See you in the beta-forum with my report.
Old 30th March 2018
  #3238
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJHollins View Post
Hi ZAB ... See you in the beta-forum with my report.
Weird that it all worked the first time, and then the crash. Finder worked fine before the Bronze crash Bizarre.
Old 30th March 2018
  #3239
Gear Maniac
 
marcpl's Avatar
 

I'm now dead in the water with N4. I had no problem installing N4 and all of the commercial libraries 3 days ago although it crashes Protools 2018.3 like crazy on Win10. After yet another PT crash today I rebooted, launched PT and loaded N4 to see "Please authorize this product". Now no matter how many times I re-authorize in Aquarius N4 says it isn't authorized even though when I check my N4.AUT file in nebula4temprepository I can see that the time stamp is updated to the current time. Even if I delete N4.AUT and the re-authorize it doesn't work even though it creates a new N4. AUT. I'm stumped and the thought of having to contact AA support makes me cringe.

I installed the VST2 but that just hangs at "loading" forever. I've even tried getting rid of nebula4temprepository and installing from scratch but it won't authorize.
I've been using Nebula for 10 years and it still feels like it did 10 years ago.

Has anyone else had a problem like this?

Edit: opened a ticket...7 to 14 days for support. Wow.

Last edited by marcpl; 30th March 2018 at 12:59 PM.. Reason: Shock
Old 30th March 2018
  #3240
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodnut View Post
Hello folks,

For any long time users of AITB's Doc Fear, that demoed or purchased Ruby, did you find Ruby a significant step up?
I have had Ruby on demo and did really like it though was not using it often enough to justify the cost. Doc fear is of course much cheaper however so caught my interest.

Thanks.
I thought Ruby sounded slightly better. The big difference for me would be usability. It's great having all the bands right in front of you, because the Fearn clearly has more than just nice top end or midrange. The price I think is a little OTT (yes I know it's officially endorsed and that's not a free transaction). If it had been maybe a little above the average Acustica price then there wouldn't be as much push back.

Acustica's expensive enough basically. You won't see me bite at boutique-y pricing. Who knows what will happen come black Friday, though. The deals last year were fair.
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Similar Threads
Thread
Thread Starter / Forum
Replies
quincyg / Music Computers
754
Dom & Roland / The Moan Zone
10
marshallplexi / Music Computers
6
fingerbeats / Music Computers
10
Patric Noonan / So much gear, so little time
11

Forum Jump
Forum Jump