The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Nebula must have Saturation Plugins
Old 28th March 2018
Lives for gear

So, the first Acqua Library for Nebula has been released. It's DibiQuadro Bronze, and I'm almost sure it's a Millennia NSEQ.

The price looks good too. Around $70, a good compromise between an Acqua and a Nebula Library.

I'll try that for sure when I have time. And I really want to see this new business doing well, so I'm very inclined to support it.
Old 28th March 2018
Lives for gear
No tube?
Old 28th March 2018
Lives for gear
Hey guys/gals how is the N4 player "suppose" to work? I just installed it via Aquarius (AXX) but opening it in a session in Pro Tools but no GUI loads up? Thanks.

Edit: hmm seems N4 free and player can't co exist. I will remove both and start over and see what happens
Old 28th March 2018
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by SameOh View Post
So, the first Acqua Library for Nebula has been released. It's DibiQuadro Bronze, and I'm almost sure it's a Millennia NSEQ.

The price looks good too. Around $70, a good compromise between an Acqua and a Nebula Library.

I'll try that for sure when I have time. And I really want to see this new business doing well, so I'm very inclined to support it.
Wow this is great potential first release. I have tried the PA version but was never convinced.
Old 28th March 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Yep, all the EQ points match up with the JFET part.
Old 28th March 2018
Lives for gear
Unfortunately as expected...Bronze (AAX) crashes in Pro Tools as well as the VST when using Patchwork.

edit: Eventually got it working. I manually removed all the Bronze files to my trashcan as using "uninstall" in Aquarius wasnt actually removing anything (something is off here). I then tried to re-install both AAX and VST but neither were available as an option to install. Just an install button which seems to only install in the Nebula4 files. I then manual added everything back to there appropriate files. Nothing. Then updated Aquarius as I was prompted to do so this time 1.2 I think. Tried that previous mentioned process again. Nothing. Then tried to find the download files on the Acustica website...none provided. I almost gave up and then tried the process once more. But this time also started the installation process in Aquarius for the trial preamps thinking "at least I could try these". While it is currently downloading I decide to try N4 again in Pro Tools and finally it had a GUI in which I was able to finally open Bronze.

Acustica is lucky I love them to put myself through all of that but something seems amiss. lol

Only tried the low end 100hz and it sounds promising! Quite transparent. Already my UAD version sounds like a joke. I will say the advantage I already see over Aquas is how smooth and responsive the gain and Q (bandwidth) movements are.

Last edited by Asher Bay; 28th March 2018 at 05:10 PM..
Old 28th March 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will Blackburn View Post
How does it compare to Fab filters Pro G? I love Pro G as an expander. Im assuming it's going to be good coming from TP but can't say I've ever used Nebula for that purpose. How flexible is the shaping in regards to attack/release ?
Never used Fabfiler's Pro-G.

The attack/release on the comp and gate on the Complex are outstanding though and indicative of what Tim P is doing with his latest creations. The auto release on the compressor is just great. It's just great.

This is not the first time my jaw almost hit the ground when listening to Tim's libraries...........
Old 28th March 2018
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaolin View Post
No tube?
Personally Ive read and heard over the years that people didnt care for the tube portion but there was or is a Forssell mod that made it more desirable. Maybe that why it was omitted?
Old 28th March 2018
Lives for gear
Thanks Asher, good to know. I'm sure its great - will be demoing once the N4 dust settles.
Old 28th March 2018
Lives for gear

N4 Player doesn't work for me in Logic Pro X. In fact, I installed it as an AU via Aquarius, and it didn't appear in the components folder (only N4). When I went to load N4, it loaded as N4P and I couldn't open any of my 3rd party libraries, nor could I access Bronze or anything like that.

Luckily, I went to Aquarius and reinstalled N4, and now I'm able to open my 3rd party libraries.
Old 28th March 2018
Lives for gear
N4 and N4free/player can't coexist. Saw that somewhere on the AA site.
Old 28th March 2018
Lives for gear
Quote:
Thanks Asher, good to know. I'm sure its great - will be demoing once the N4 dust settles.
No worries
Old 28th March 2018
Gear Maniac

So can you load TimP’s librairies within N4 player ?
Old 28th March 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by mininoyz View Post
So can you load TimP’s librairies within N4 player ?
No, only libraries created with Nat4 will load in the free N4 Player. The only 3rd party developers currently using Nat4 are the 4 officially listed on the AA site.
Old 28th March 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMU View Post
New N4 pretty unstable here on Mac. Using the VST3 version, previous one was stable, this one crashes easily both Reaper and Cubase.
I'm having serious instability issues as well on Mac (running Reaper).

Are you by chance getting most crashes when opening up the finder "quick menu" with right click? Or when opening the finder window in general..

.. this is when most of my crashes happen. Once I have a program loaded it seems stable.
Old 28th March 2018
OMU
Lives for gear

Indeed, right clicking on the finder icon led many times to sudden crashes.
Old 28th March 2018
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by OMU View Post
Indeed, right clicking on the finder icon led many times to sudden crashes.
Glad its not only me experiencing this.
Old 28th March 2018
Gear Nut

I installed N4PLayer at lunch, then Bronze. Reaper recognizes N4Player, but how do I then pull up Bronze from within N4?
Old 28th March 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
N4 and N4free/player can't coexist. Saw that somewhere on the AA site.
I uninstalled N4free at some point, maybe before N4P installation or after. So that could've been it.
Old 28th March 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by sloansimpson View Post
I installed N4PLayer at lunch, then Bronze. Reaper recognizes N4Player, but how do I then pull up Bronze from within N4?
In N4 click on the Finder tab, then click Acqua Library or Effect, then load Bronze.
Old 28th March 2018
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will The Weirdo View Post
In N4 click on the Finder tab, then click Acqua Library or Effect, then load Bronze.
Thanks. I didn't recall seeing the Finder tab, so perhaps N4P wasn't being properly recognized after all. Will mess with it some more.
Old 28th March 2018
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by bukarin View Post
ADR Compex F760X

Thanks!
Old 28th March 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmanic View Post
I'm having serious instability issues as well on Mac (running Reaper).

Are you by chance getting most crashes when opening up the finder "quick menu" with right click? Or when opening the finder window in general..

.. this is when most of my crashes happen. Once I have a program loaded it seems stable.
In beta-testing ... I've experienced a crash if I selected the FINDER too quickly after inserting N4.

Trying to select a preset BEFORE N4 is actually ready seems to be the culprit.

I've reported this in the beta forum ... hopefully others reporting similar will bring attention to a solution ! [hint]
Old 29th March 2018
Lives for gear
Been a long day but I must say straight out of the gate (installation and crash issues aside) this is impressive. Fantastic stereo imagine, and the way it opens a mix up top Very aggressive eq though, a little goes a loooooong way. Nice bottom as well. Probably the cleanest eq with the pre engaged of any AA product Ive heard. I dont hear it as a sweetener or enhancing eq more like "I need a little more this or a little bit less of that", except for the top end which is very unique, at least I havent heard anything like it. More in line with modern genres. If this is what we can expect moving forward from N4 Im on board 100%. The price is very tempting. Great job
Old 29th March 2018
Gear Nut

N4Player crashes Reaper on insert every time for me. I've put in a ticket but I wonder if others are running it under Reaper on Windows successfully?
Old 29th March 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asher Bay View Post
Been a long day but I must say straight out of the gate (installation and crash issues aside) this is impressive. Fantastic stereo imagine, and the way it opens a mix up top Very aggressive eq though, a little goes a loooooong way. Nice bottom as well. Probably the cleanest eq with the pre engaged of any AA product Ive heard. I dont hear it as a sweetener or enhancing eq more like "I need a little more this or a little bit less of that", except for the top end which is very unique, at least I havent heard anything like it. More in line with modern genres. If this is what we can expect moving forward from N4 Im on board 100%. The price is very tempting. Great job
Yeah, same thing here. I'm very tired and just briefly tested. But sounded very good on a Master session. Compared with the almighty Surge, and I actually preferred Bronze. Compared to the brainworx Millennia too, and no comparison. Bronze has much more weight.

The GUI is great and very responsive. But N4 did crashed once when I tried to open the finder.

Guys, the future looks promising. I know DibiQuadro has some other libraries to release.
Old 29th March 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Yeah, same thing here. I'm very tired and just briefly tested. But sounded very good on a Master session. Compared with the almighty Surge, and I actually preferred Bronze. Compared to the brainworx Millennia too, and no comparison. Bronze has much more weight.

The GUI is great and very responsive. But N4 did crashed once when I tried to open the finder.

Guys, the future looks promising. I know DibiQuadro has some other libraries to release.
That is a pretty big statement. I'll have to give this thing a whirl ....
Old 29th March 2018
Lives for gear
Quote:

I agree with all of this. Im not familiar with DibiQuadro but they have my attention. Only eqs that held their own that Ive tried so far was Azure which is softer but surprisingly I like the depth of Bronze a tick more and Magenta which excels in the mids. Tomorrow its up against Diamond and Lift.
Old 29th March 2018
Lives for gear

Unfortunately, I'm getting the same thing as before in Logic Pro X: I uninstalled N4 Free and installed N4 Player, but it looks like N4 Player overwrites N4. I think it's being named N4 in the components folder though because that's all that appears there. When I open "N4" in LPX after installing Player, the GUI shows "N4P" and there's the usual program that shows all my 3rd party libraries from TimP, AlexB, etc. (which won't load in N4P), but I don't see any option to load/try anything from the licensed 3rd party developers like Dibiquadro.

I'm able to reinstall N4 by going to Aquarius and just installing from there.
Old 29th March 2018
Lives for gear

If you have N-4 .... you do not need N4Player.

We are told on AA forum that N4 and N4P can NOT co-exist.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search