The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Nebula must have Saturation Plugins
Old 26th March 2018
Gear Maniac
Just seen TimP has updated n60a and he mentions it gives classic knock effect. I am looking for that classic VCA smack compressor sound for drums, would that be this or L-BUSS?
Old 26th March 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomheavybeats View Post
Just seen TimP has updated n60a and he mentions it gives classic knock effect. I am looking for that classic VCA smack compressor sound for drums, would that be this or L-BUSS?
I'd say both and differently.
If you know the 160a behavior when dialing extreme settings,that's what you're going to get. The thumping sound is there.
Old 26th March 2018
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martel80 View Post
I'd say both and differently.
If you know the 160a behavior when dialing extreme settings,that's what you're going to get. The thumping sound is there.
Thanks Martel80. Might have to start with L-Buss as hear a lot of people here talking about it
Old 26th March 2018
Lives for gear

Does anyone own any of OwnHammer's preamp libraries? What's the quality like? I realized they sampled some very nice mics and got those libraries, which are now proving to be excellent. They did the Pacifica pre, which I'm interested in, and even though it's only $5.50, I don't want to spend money and then never use it again (maybe I'm being comically frugal here .... Whatever). I'm considering some other pres of theirs too.
Old 26th March 2018
Lives for gear

How is everyone enjoying the new N4 update that AA released today?
Old 26th March 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by Will The Weirdo View Post
Haven't taken the plunge yet so I'm gonna wait a few days and see how the overall perception is myself.
Old 26th March 2018
Gear Maniac
So is it Core 12 now? Rose still says Core 9
Old 26th March 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
The interface is very nice and I'm enjoying it so far ... but I'm also very confused about this (from the website):

"The commercial libraries is a 10 GB library with more than 450 different real hardware emulations sorted by category. Nebula library is included in all Nebula bundle and is downloaded from the Customer Area:

72 pre-amps preset emulation 78 equalizers preset emulation 33compressors preset emulation (24 YROY, 2 ROSE, 7 RELS)* 20 tapes preset emulation 30 filters preset emulation 100 reverbs preset emulation 90 time variant effects preset emulation like chorus, flangers, phasers. *We are pleased to offer to all N4 customers new impressive commercial libraries, this pack includes our exclusive YROY (Yellow royale compressor library) ( the best emulations by Acustica characterized by new gorgeus N4 skin)."

So, as an N4 owner, do I get these free? I only see "N4 libraries (trial)" in the user area.
Old 26th March 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosewood123 View Post
So, as an N4 owner, do I get these free? I only see "N4 libraries (trial)" in the user area/Aquarius.
Yes, contact support if they don't show up in Aquarius.
Old 26th March 2018
Gear Addict

Quote:
Does anyone own any of OwnHammer's preamp libraries? What's the quality like? I realized they sampled some very nice mics and got those libraries, which are now proving to be excellent. They did the Pacifica pre, which I'm interested in, and even though it's only $5.50, I don't want to spend money and then never use it again (maybe I'm being comically frugal here .... Whatever). I'm considering some other pres of theirs too.
I own all ownhammer preamps and I like them, but I would look elsewhere if you're looking for obvious color.

The Pacifica is cleanish, really elegant and very musical; it does 'just enough' to make an audio signal sound really natural without introducing obvious distortion/saturation. The Pacifica works on anything. My other favourite is the great river pre (Rio Grande) which is darker, more colorful, more rock.

The quality overall is good. But I wouldn't mind if someone tried to resample them and make HQ-versions.
Old 26th March 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deff J View Post
I own all ownhammer preamps and I like them, but I would look elsewhere if you're looking for obvious color.

The Pacifica is cleanish, really elegant and very musical; it does 'just enough' to make an audio signal sound really natural without introducing obvious distortion/saturation. The Pacifica works on anything. My other favourite is the great river pre (Rio Grande) which is darker, more colorful, more rock.

The quality overall is good. But I wouldn't mind if someone tried to resample them and make HQ-versions.
Tim Cupwise recently released his preamp pack and it is very nice, his M72 is one of my new favorite pre's, use the pushed preset and sit back and smile.
Old 26th March 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Yes, contact support if they don't show up in Aquarius.
Thanks, but I'm really not keen on contacting support. I don't have confidence in them after opening a ticket and waiting for them to answer only for the ticket to disappear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deff J View Post

Thanks! Yeah, I think they were done in 2013, so that's why I asked about the quality. I think I'll grab the Pacifica. It's inexpensive, so why not.

Quote:
Tim Cupwise recently released his preamp pack and it is very nice, his M72 is one of my new favorite pre's, use the pushed preset and sit back and smile.
Yeah, I picked up this pack. At ~$5, it's a major steal. The quality is fantastic. Yep, that M72 pre on hot is amazing! The 1073 is also excellent and adds that great Neve weight. These are my two favourite pres in Nebula land now.
Old 26th March 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
What are the improvements besides Setups?

Is the meter any better for compressors?

Seems a bit unstable from what I've read. Don't know if I should upgrade or wait until somethings are sort out.
Old 26th March 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Thanks! If you hadn’t posted this I wouldn’t have known!
Old 26th March 2018
Lives for gear

OK, I was able to find the new N4 commercial libraries on the AA site. For anyone else confused, the path is: orders (under the user icon)>site orders>and then click on "Downloads" by N4, which brings you to a box with the option to download the zip files for the new libraries.
Old 26th March 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
OK, I was able to find the new N4 commercial libraries on the AA site. For anyone else confused, the path is: orders (under the user icon)>site orders>and then click on "Downloads" by N4, which brings you to a box with the option to download the zip files for the new libraries.
Thanks, even I was hoping to download the libraries via Aquarius, I'll go that way for now.
Old 26th March 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Well... I went that way but there I see only Libraries updated on 2016 & 2017.
I cannot find the new updated libraries
Old 26th March 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arionas View Post
Well... I went that way but there I see only Libraries updated on 2016 & 2017.
I cannot find the new updated libraries
I'm assuming they're the cross-platform commercial libraries. But yeah, now I'm noticing too that it says 2016 and 2017 .... Were these there since then? Am I just noticing them now?
Old 26th March 2018
Gear Maniac

Commercial libraries not showing in Aquarius here too, I've rised a ticket.
I've read on the FB thread about crashes and instabilities of the new N4 on Logic and ProTools. Very appreciated any stability report on any daw.
Old 26th March 2018
Lives for gear

I am about to install the preamps pack from the path I listed above, so I'll report back on whether or not these are indeed the new libraries. I'll test them out briefly in Logic Pro X and report back about stability.
@robertom The description on the AA site is pretty confusing and I don't think the libraries are available in Aquarius. From their website:

"The commercial libraries is a 10 GB library with more than 450 different real hardware emulations sorted by category. Nebula library is included in all Nebula bundle and is downloaded from the Customer Area"

So that leads me to believe that the new library packs are not available on Aquarius as of right now.
Old 26th March 2018
Gear Maniac

Quote:
I am about to install the preamps pack from the path I listed above, so I'll report back on whether or not these are indeed the new libraries. I'll test them out briefly in Logic Pro X and report back about stability.
@robertom The description on the AA site is pretty confusing and I don't think the libraries are available in Aquarius. From their website:

"The commercial libraries is a 10 GB library with more than 450 different real hardware emulations sorted by category. Nebula library is included in all Nebula bundle and is downloaded from the Customer Area"

So that leads me to believe that the new library packs are not available on Aquarius as of right now.

I read this description in N4 update announcement:

"- Commercial Library (CPCL v5) integrated in Aquarius including: download, installation, authorization, uninstallation, and upgrade/downgrade. It is mandatory to use Aquarius version 1.2.602 or superior."

See here:
N4 - Acustica Audio

Moreover, I've seen a user screenshot on FB Acustica audiophile page: In Aquarius there should be two entries, one for N4, another one for the library.
Old 26th March 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertom View Post
I read this description in N4 update announcement:

"- Commercial Library (CPCL v5) integrated in Aquarius including: download, installation, authorization, uninstallation, and upgrade/downgrade. It is mandatory to use Aquarius version 1.2.602 or superior."

See here:
N4 - Acustica Audio

Moreover, I've seen a user screenshot on FB Acustica audiophile page: In Aquarius there should be two entries, one for N4, another one for the library.
Whoops -- OK, I missed that part. Sorry about that. Yeah, they're not appearing for me in Aquarius either then.

OK, I'm about to test things out now after the preamp pack install ....
Old 26th March 2018
Lives for gear

Libraries not showing up in my Aquarius either.

Aquarius also refuses to accept I have just installed N4 and still tells me Please Reinstall for some reason. Plug is installed and working fine though.
Old 26th March 2018
Lives for gear

OK, guys, I got the preamp pack installed using the path I described and its contents indeed match all the preamp names and categories in the xls (excel) file provided on the AA site. So these are the installers for the new libraries.

I tested a few of these new libraries out on a project with ~8 tracks in logic pro and they are working fine. No crashes with them. I then loaded AlexB's MFC to see if that worked (I don't have the JPN skin for it yet), and yes, it does. I then loaded a TimP library (Silk EQ) to see if the skin worked, and yes, that works too. Made some adjustments to the EQ parameters and it all works fine. No crashes yet in my brief testing.
Old 26th March 2018
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy McGroarty View Post
Other Tim P news. Yish in your ear just made a great Tim P libraries video on youtube: YouTube It previews a new, unreleased, Tim P Complex gate/expander.
That complex gate / expander sounds great. I might have to pick that up. There is no mention of when it might be released as far as I can tell, either in the video or on Tim P's website.
Old 27th March 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:

Hey guys, it is the webpage that needs to be updated. There is just the new info pasted on top of the page but the rest is not updated. For example, N4 is now Core12, even if it still says Core9... The CPCL v5 is available for in Aquarius - not sure why this is not the case for some. But give it a couple of days. I think there are still some bits to be fixed. Since yesterday Aquarius updated from 1.2.602 to 1.2.603. and just now to 1.2.604... BTW I also see Violet in my Aquarius!
Old 27th March 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheikyearbouti View Post
Since yesterday Aquarius updated from 1.2.602 to 1.2.603. and just now to 1.2.604... BTW I also see Violet in my Aquarius!
Thanks Sheik...Libraries have appeared with the new Aquarius update.

Would you be able to confirm a couple thing before I risk installing.

1. Is the fact that my N4 still appears in updates as "Manual update only - Please Reinstall" even though I already installed and reinstalled a few times likely to cause problems further down the line?

2. I have a C:nebula4temprepository but this has no Neb libraries but does have my Aqua libraries and various authorisations and xmls - The Neb libraries (progs and vectors only) are stored in my altdatapath F:nebula4temprepository -
So should I change the temprepository location in Aquarius settings to F or leave it as C and the altdatapath in my N4 settings will take care of locations??
Or would I get asked where to install the libraries during install?
Old 27th March 2018
Gear Nut

A bit confused on how i get the N4 update? Do i just install aquarius and it should update automatically? And with the new site do we have to reupload the .SER file espite having done it on the old site?
Old 27th March 2018
Gear Maniac
I have never used setups before and not sure I get the point of them. I thought I could integrate 2 or 3 instances of N4 to make a chain into one VST (EQs and TimP chains) but appears you can't.

So is the advantage just that it appears inside your VST plugin folders?

btw new N4 libraries sound fantastic
Old 27th March 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will Blackburn View Post
A bit confused on how i get the N4 update? Do i just install aquarius and it should update automatically? And with the new site do we have to reupload the .SER file espite having done it on the old site?
Install Aquarius. Run as admin if on Windows and make sure settings point to the correct locations. Then install N4.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search