The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Nebula must have Saturation Plugins
Old 3rd March 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0se View Post
Can't wait for N4 setups.
It's fast, easy, and all done within N4 now.... Zap has done a great job.
Old 3rd March 2018
Lives for gear

So anyone use AlexB's new Analog Tape Emulator yet? I'm really thinking of pulling the trigger. There are some nice options in there (different tapes, NOS tubes path, transformer path, etc.).
Old 3rd March 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosewood123 View Post
So anyone use AlexB's new Analog Tape Emulator yet? I'm really thinking of pulling the trigger. There are some nice options in there (different tapes, NOS tubes path, transformer path, etc.).
Nabbed that library along with his new Harrison set. Testing tomorrow, will report back.
Old 3rd March 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Nabbed that library along with his new Harrison set. Testing tomorrow, will report back.
b0se to the rescue! Thanks. Let me know how the Harrison is too (I believe some others said it's quite good).
Old 4th March 2018
One more time in case it got lost in the shuffle: anyone digging and using TimP’s Complex Comp/Limiter?
Old 4th March 2018
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrG View Post
One more time in case it got lost in the shuffle: anyone digging and using TimP’s Complex Comp/Limiter?
I've got it but I don't really find a place for it most of the time. No experience with the hardware myself, though the context I always see it used in is with expansion, which is not included.
Old 4th March 2018
Gear Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosewood123 View Post
b0se to the rescue! Thanks. Let me know how the Harrison is too (I believe some others said it's quite good).

The Harrison EQ sounds great, saturates the source very nicely too, when you drive it.
I used to stem through the Harrison DAW I have, for it's sound, but not since I got Harrison 32.
Would recommend it for sure. More great work by Alex B.
Old 4th March 2018
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will The Weirdo View Post
It's fast, easy, and all done within N4 now.... Zap has done a great job.
Is there an ETA?
Old 4th March 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by FFTW View Post
The Harrison EQ sounds great, saturates the source very nicely too, when you drive it.
I used to stem through the Harrison DAW I have, for it's sound, but not since I got Harrison 32.
Would recommend it for sure. More great work by Alex B.
Oh, wow, thank you for the input. I thought I was missing out by not owning the Harrison DAW, but that's really assuring ... and it's interesting to hear that it saturates the source nicely. I thinks I will buy.
Old 4th March 2018
Lives for gear

Just been testing ATE and M32.

Agree @FFTW; I own Harrison Mixbus 32C V3 and was tempted to upgrade to V4. No need, H32 nails the Harry sound. Very glad to have that within Bitwig/Nebula. The EQ is a great mixing tool.

ATE - Versatile and compliments the other tape solutions. Mag 102 was worth it alone for me. Lovely analogue smoothness and fullness. Do you need another Tape emu? I bought this on a whim but am glad I did.
Old 5th March 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synonym Music View Post
I've got it but I don't really find a place for it most of the time. No experience with the hardware myself, though the context I always see it used in is with expansion, which is not included.
Thanks very much - I’m gonna wait and lookout for a V2 sampling
Old 5th March 2018
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrG View Post
Lookin good, Tim. Any idea of ETA on the transient shaper? Asking for a kick drum...
It's out!
Old 5th March 2018
Gear Nut

Copy-paste of a new 2018/03/05 Henry Olonga post :

Quote:
Hi guys, been such a long time and sorry for bumping an old thread. I just thought I would give some feedback on a little discovery I made as I am nearing completion on a friends album. As many of you know I just couldn't get this M7 sampling to work as the sweeps always had errors and I suspect the way I sampled at 192 khz etc would have made for a stupidly huge library. In any case I bought the Seventh Heaven plugin by Liquidsonics when it came out months ago. As I have the hardware I haven't used it that much but then I needed a few more spaces and felt limited by one hardware piece. So I fired up the software and tried it but felt unhappy. It wasn't the sound I was used to. Now granted Matthew used the digital IO to sample the IRs with his fusion tech so there would obviously be a difference to what I was used to as I preferred the analog.

In any case I felt it sounded too clean and sterile. So remember how I had made an AD/DA loop of the convertors while I was beta testing ? Anyway - today I was finishing a mix and decided that I would compare the hardware and the plugin using the analog ins and outs. As usual - something was a little off that the hardware had that the plugin lacked. The convertors obviously add something more natural to my ears. So I pulled up my AD/DA preset for nebula and blow me down folks but once I level matched, I had a hard time telling the difference they are now that close. I placed it after the plugin in my chain and the difference is extraordinary in a busy mix. Although referenced earlier in the thread the link to the nebula converters is

http://www.nebulapresets.com/Bricasti_A ... _44khz.zip . This needs at least Nebula 3 if I remember right.

Please feel free to distribute as far and wide as you wish. I just think it adds tremendous value to the product. If you own the plugin then you can have the best of both worlds now - the pure digital and also the analog sound. There is a warmth and mojo added with the nebula presets. Also seems to tighten the stereo field in keeping with the hardware analog outputs. Anyway - I know this sounds like high praise but I now feel that I don't need four Bricastis to use on a mix to get that sense of real space now. Sometimes one wants to have a small space plus slightly larger ones and with my one piece it was frustrating. So happy now. Seventh heaven owners - upgrade your sound to close to the analog for free...... :D

Try it yourselves - sorry really busy so no tests to offer...

Regards
Henry
Old 5th March 2018
Lives for gear

Thanks for sharing that here. I own and use SH all the time, can't wait to try this library with it tonight.
Old 5th March 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimP Nebula View Post
It's out!
Hey folks,
I've been using Shape Mod for some weeks now since Tim had the idea. I use transient plugins every session, that habit started back in Atlanta in 2008 when I discovered the SPL hardware, and I'm still addicted to adjusting transients to help get that SSL knock within a computer....... so I was excited about a nebula transient library tool.

I can say without pause that he has developed the finest sounding transient plugin I've ever used. I've used Shape Mod to knock the crap out of kicks/snares and to reduce the tail on Nebula verbs with great success. It never looses the body like other transient plugs do and the different detection options are nice.

Great job Tim!!!
Old 5th March 2018
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Thanks for sharing that here. I own and use SH all the time, can't wait to try this library with it tonight.
I tried this a while back and did not experience the magic. But perhaps my ears were tired. I look forward to hearing your experience.
Old 5th March 2018
Here for the gear

Hey all. New to the forum. I have a number of acquas but just got N4 today. Can somebody tell me how to Change skins. I have Alexb's ATE but am stuck with default gui.
Old 5th March 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ihunt View Post
Hey all. New to the forum. I have a number of acquas but just got N4 today. Can somebody tell me how to Change skins. I have Alexb's ATE but am stuck with default gui.
You need to install/copy the Skin and Properties files into the default acustica audio folders.
Old 5th March 2018
I'm extremely surprised no one as posted about it yet.

Tim P - Shape Modifier

Video 1

Video 2

Nebula must have-28685610_1441610119318829_8232248689091936256_o.jpg

JPN SKINS
Attached Thumbnails
Nebula must have-28685610_1441610119318829_8232248689091936256_o.jpg  
Old 5th March 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martel80 View Post
I'm extremely surprised no one as posted about it yet.
Tim P did 4 days ago.....but the more the merrier
Old 5th March 2018
I totally missed that release then.

I heard about it yesterday from JPN...
Old 5th March 2018
Here for the gear

Quote:
You need to install/copy the Skin and Properties files into the default acustica audio folders.
Nice. Thanks. I didnt have them there on the c: drive.
Old 6th March 2018
Lives for gear
Tim's transients are a total triumph.

I've never experienced any shaper as good as these.

Everyone needs this.
Old 6th March 2018
Gear Addict

Great, I'll be testing this tonight. I've been using the Sonnox Envolution extensively these recent months as the frequency dependant tweaking lets it do pretty remarkable shaping. It can be a killer replacement for drum mic gate/expander duties, cutting low frequency specific ring on toms or kick, or sculpting room ambience from disappointing recordings.

But a great raw punch generator is absolutely essential in a mixing toolkit. Something immediately gratifying to poke kicks, snares, toms or percussion out front. Most plugin attacks don't sound quite right until I combine them with a bit of clipping or saturation for heft and smoothness. Even then it just doesn't always work out like I hope.

Other great uses for the SPL HW that aren't quite the same with plugs so far:

Cranking sustain on room mics to add apparent size or a kinda breathing 1176 vibe. The SPL plugin definitely brings the room up and has the right envelope but the image gets flattened.

Parallel channel on snare with sustain cranked for length/ring. Eq to taste and hammer the remaining transient down with something for even more color and attitude.

If Tim's does this better than the official SPL plugs or the Nvelope or Envolution I'll be really happy.

Massive respect for Tim for going down the rabbit hole of envelope follower programming to make these a reality in Nebula.

Do these need to be run at an especially high program rate?
Old 6th March 2018
Gear Maniac

Hi B Elgin

Program rate is already set to where it
should be inside the program. It should not be touched at all....

I’m terms of what it does yes it does that very easy to set type downward expander type thing, although it’s different from a expander as it flows through all dynamics. Both sustain and attack have that non destructive to dynamics thing going on

Tim
Old 6th March 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimP Nebula View Post
Hi B Elgin

Program rate is already set to where it
should be inside the program. It should not be touched at all....

I’m terms of what it does yes it does that very easy to set type downward expander type thing, although it’s different from a expander as it flows through all dynamics. Both sustain and attack have that non destructive to dynamics thing going on

Tim
Thats funny, I was just saying that expander idea to Joao the other day.

cant wait to have time to try it.
Old 6th March 2018
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martel80 View Post
Thats funny, I was just saying that expander idea to Joao the other day.

cant wait to have time to try it.
yep how strange,

we have the expander part of complex coming too, will feature another breakthrough of variable hold!
Old 6th March 2018
Lives for gear

Shape Modifier is fantastic TimP, thanks very much.
Old 6th March 2018
Gear Guru

Does the Shape Mod thingy work on Neb3 at all?
Old 6th March 2018
Gear Maniac

Yes exactly the same in n3.

All my work still works in n3. Due to the templates I make we can have many advanced things such as auto release, hold, comparative tricks, 2 stage releases program charge dependence, Distortion emulation etc..

None of these were stock available for n3, so this is where a lot of confusion is I think.

However If I ever make something that does not work in n3 I will make it clear On the product page

Cheers

Note- you need at least N3 pro

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search