The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
LOGIC-9 Can i choose which SOFTWARE components to install?
Old 2nd January 2011
Gear Head

LOGIC-9 Can i choose which SOFTWARE components to install?

Hi people.

Now don't laugh, but I am still running LOGIC 4.8. I am finally going to purchase LOGIC 9 to run on a second hand G5Mac (I am on a budget) -the purchase of which I am currently looking into.
MY QUESTION IS:
When installing LOGIC 9,will I be able to selectively install only the software components which i need and only want to use? This will be beneficial for saving on MAC processing power.

I only need facilities for SEQUENCING / AUDIO RECORDING/ EXS SAMPLER and the TIME STRETCH facility -but no other SYNTHS / EFFECTS PLUG-INS.

I will not need -and don't want to use any other PLUG-INS. I will be using Hardware outboard gear for ALL effects / compression processing and Synths etc utilising a 24 channel SOUNDTRACS PC MIDI DESK for recording and mixing.

Thank you.

Last edited by TRANSISTOR77; 2nd January 2011 at 07:50 PM.. Reason: Mistake
Old 2nd January 2011
Lives for gear

Logic 9 is not supported on a G5. Be sure to buy something with an intel processor.
Old 2nd January 2011
It isn't supported, but WILL work on a G5.

However, you can't be that prescriptive with what you install. The only things you can get shot of will be the Apple Loops etc....
The Logic soft synths don't take up much space, and WILL run fine on the G5.

The ones that will cause issues will be Space & Delay Designer. These WILL eat your G5 :D
Old 2nd January 2011
Gear Head

Thank you guys, that's lovely

I have just done some homework on the web directed by your advice and knowledge. I will just not use Space Designer etc on individual tracks to save on CPU usage!

Best wishes.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search