The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Mac 10.58 with Logic Pro 9
Old 1st January 2011
Gear Nut

Mac 10.58 with Logic Pro 9

With my move into Logic Pro 9 (totally new Logic Pro user) I want to put my toe in the water using a Macbook Pro 2.5 Ghz, 4 MB RAM and a 7200 external 2TB hard drive. I am currently on OSX 10.58 and have been hesitant to upgrade to 10.6 because of the usual "if it ain't broke don't fix it" approach to things when it comes to software. So the question is ....do I need to upgrade to 10.6 for Logic Pro 9 .....or will I be fine with 10.58 for now. Eventually I believe I will be getting a new or very current Mac Pro for all of my audio production but would like to wait until I really get a feel for Logic Pro 9 ...or any other audio production software I get involved with before I pull the plug on this. Thx again for any input that this great forum can give. RH
Old 2nd January 2011
Gear Maniac

Logic 9 is fine on 10.5.8.

Your logic is sound (sorry).
Old 2nd January 2011
Gear Nut

Ha ...thx ....yeah felt it best for me to use technology I already had and see what I can do with Logic 9 ...then invest upwards if need be. Thx!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search