The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
re-render wave forms in DP 7? DAW Software
Old 31st December 2010
Lives for gear

re-render wave forms in DP 7?

I've upgraded from 6 to the latest version of 7 in DP every time I open up an project previously recorded in 6, it wants to re-render the waves form. Is there something I need to switch in preferences or is this really necessary?
Old 31st December 2010
Lives for gear

bump
Old 31st December 2010
I'm not totally sure on this but I think it might be trying to convert your waveforms to whatever audio file format you have in your pref's- so if say your original project was set for aiff audio files but now you have wav. files as your default it might be trying to convert those. However, I could be wrong and it could be just updating the wave files visual look to new code they've implemented. In any case, when I've opened old files in DP 7 I just give it a minute or two to "think" and update the file and then I go off to work on the file.

You might want to pose this question at motunation.com as they have more DP experts there that will give you a better answer than mine!
Old 31st December 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankymax View Post
I'm not totally sure on this but I think it might be trying to convert your waveforms to whatever audio file format you have in your pref's- so if say your original project was set for aiff audio files but now you have wav. files as your default it might be trying to convert those. However, I could be wrong and it could be just updating the wave files visual look to new code they've implemented. In any case, when I've opened old files in DP 7 I just give it a minute or two to "think" and update the file and then I go off to work on the file.

You might want to pose this question at motunation.com as they have more DP experts there that will give you a better answer than mine!
You know, I think you must be right and I can't believe I didn't already think of this as a possibility. I'll check it in the morning. Thanks
Old 31st December 2010
To be safe, I'd make a copy of the DP file that was done in DP6 (duplicate- command-D in the finder) and re-name it with something like "DP7" in the file name and work from that so that you still have your original DP6 file in case anything goes awry!
Just my paranoid 2 cents!!heh
Old 1st January 2011
Lives for gear

Don´t know what DP7 version you´re using but MOTU enhanced the waveform overview procedure in version 7.2 so I recommend you update to DP7.22 right away.
Old 2nd January 2011
Lives for gear

I agree, upgrade to DP 7.22. What it could be is just DP updating your waveform overviews from the older format... Just give DP 7.xx a couple of extra minutes to update the waveform data for each older project that you open...
Old 5th January 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by CZ101 View Post
I agree, upgrade to DP 7.22. What it could be is just DP updating your waveform overviews from the older format... Just give DP 7.xx a couple of extra minutes to update the waveform data for each older project that you open...
Yeah, I've updated to 7.22 and it takes a long time to update the waveforms. AND it isn't a matter of the audio format in the preferences either like frankymax had suggested. I'm working with long live material, 24+ tracks on average 30 minutes of material all tracked last Fall. It'll play while rendering but it some times takes 15 minutes before I can start editing.
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search