The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Pro Tools RTAS Plugins - Folder Names Keyboard Synthesizers
Old 30th December 2010
Lives for gear

Pro Tools RTAS Plugins - Folder Names

Is it possible to change the plugin folder names in pro tools, or create you own? Has anybody ever done it?

I just think it would be so useful if, for example, I could make a folder called "Bass", and then put my go to plugins for bass guitar in that folder. Or one called vocals, etc...

Also, instead of moving plugins to the unused folder, I could make a folder called "rarely used" and throw all the plugins in there that I don't use very often. I get tired of searching through plugin folders to find specific plugins. It would be much easier to just find the one I'm looking for, quickly.

A feature like this would definitely save me time, and I assume others as well.

If I'm not mistaken, you can make your own plugin folders in wavelab, and maybe even nuendo and cubase too.

Also, is it possible to move plugins from one folder to another? A few of my plugins show up in "Other", and I would prefer them to be in one of the other categories
Old 23rd January 2011
Lives for gear

Bump. I want to create a folder for plugs that I hardly use. I work in pt8. How? Thanks in advance...

Your welcome for using the search function. heh
Old 24th January 2011
Gear Head

I don't think it is possible at this time to do so, though it would be a very useful tool.

They could incorporate it into the Digibase Browser or just recognise it from Finder or Windows Explorer.

Plugins allow you to make folders for your settings alongside their defaults, not quite the same but still a little useful.
Old 24th January 2011
Lives for gear
If you dont turn up anything.
Consider making a suggestion, here .. Pro Tools Feedback Community - by IdeaScale
Apparently they are listening now.
Old 8th June 2013
Lives for gear

Understand this thread is 2 1/2 years old.

However, in that time; has Avid provided support for this?
Old 8th June 2013
Gear Maniac
This is one reason I prefer Reaper.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search