The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Logic timestamp very annoying
Old 29th December 2010
Gear Maniac

Logic timestamp very annoying

This Logic Timestamp is stopping me from importing files into native instrument samplers. it is also messing up the flextime function and it doesn't make a difference whether I use wav, aif or caf. ANYONE?!!Help? I haven't found a solution to this on the net and it seems to be impossible to remove it...
Old 12th January 2011
Gear Maniac

hmmmm...? seems like I'm the only one.. damn!
Old 12th January 2011
Lives for gear

I haven't personally tried this so I don't know if it works, but what about saving as AIFF and then converting to WAV with a program such as Max from sbooth.org?
Old 12th January 2011
Gear Guru

sounds like a nightmare.

if you save the whole thing as a new project into a new folder then, making sure that project is loaded,
go to the Audio window and select all the Audiofiles, then run the copy/convert & convert them all to aif
(making sure that you have (change file references in Audio window ticked) that might work.

if a whole lot of files are duplicated but the references have changed in the arrange to the aif files then
you can maybe weed out the Wavs in the Audio by sorting them by filetype and then selecting delete Audiofiles.
while the Wavs are highlighted. then saving the song.

This is all on a project copy so the other should still be in tact if you make a bad mistake.

from what i understand, only the Broadcast wavs should have Time stamping.
least that's what other people seem to be having this problem with.

Logic only uses BWF for WAVE files, so only AIF and maybe SDII are the other possibilities for an Audio Format.
Old 12th January 2011
to my knowledge only the wav files are timestamped.
Old 14th January 2011
Gear Maniac

Hey guys,

thanks for your replies, I will try your suggestions.
yes it is a nightmare
I also noticed though that the flextime function in logic just isn't that good.
shame about that. I recorded a band last week at 88.2 in logic and wanted to correct some 16s from a guitar but after quantizing it just degraded the soundquality to a non professional level. very annoying. I dont want to switch to protools :(...

@musiclab: all the files I have in the audiobin are timestamped regardless of the format. There is always a clock symbol next to the b$%&tar%&/ds

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search