The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Annoying Static in Pro Tools Audio Interfaces
Old 28th December 2010
Here for the gear

Annoying Static in Pro Tools

Hey,

Whenever I record-enable a track, I hear the audio with a very loud static noise.. Also if I record the audio then play it back its still there. But it doesn't look like its actually in the waveform.

I tested my delta 1010 lined into my computer and there was no static, it only happens in pro tools.. Another thing, whenever I change the sample rate in pro tools, the problem goes away for about a minute then comes back.

My computer specs: Intel Core i7 870 2.93GHz, 6GB RAM, 64-bit Windows 7, Pro Tools M-powered 8.0.4cs2, Delta 1010

I also have the latest M-Audio Driver, and I am recording onto a separate internal harddrive.
Old 31st December 2010
Here for the gear

bump. if nobody replies this time I'll just let the thread go.
Old 1st January 2011
Gear Maniac

Problems like these are usually clocking issues. What is your Delta1010 getting it's clocking signal from? Are you sure your Delta and Pro Tools are set to the same sample rate?
Old 2nd January 2011
Here for the gear

I've tried every different sample rate before loading up pro tools, problem still persists.

I've also tried reaper and experienced no issues.
Old 2nd January 2011
Lives for gear

Your buffer size is too small.
Old 10th January 2011
Gear Nut

I have the same problem. Is buffer size the answer?
Old 19th June 2011
Here for the gear

Hi, I have this issue if I have my internal or external clock settings wrong. Try going into setup, hardware, the default is internal (I am running a Digi 002 rack and presonus 8 channel pre amp). If I have it set to internal with this configuration I get the static that you are talking about, if I set to external the static goes away. ie. by setting it to external I am effectively using the presonus clock signal. I used to get the same thing using a behringer preamp via lightpipe.

hope this helps.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search