The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Software to create these guitar effects. Amp Sim & Guitar Effects Plugins
Old 28th December 2010
Here for the gear

Software to create these guitar effects.

Hi There,

I've been trying to understand how to recreate the chorus/pitch drifting effects in these two tracks in software.

The first is by Beach House. The effect in question it comes in at 0:40 on the lead guitar.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHbtR8uO81M]YouTube

On the record the guitarist actually uses a slide and gently drifts back and forth across the fretboard, it also sounds like there is some chorus in there too.

The second is by NYPC. The effect in question comes in at 0:07 and again is on the lead guitar.

This one sounds like its doubled and has some fast pitch modulation going on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnUvH5CPi6g

Any suggestions and help would be much appreciated.
Old 29th December 2010
Lives for gear

Just my opinion, the first effect sounds like modulated long delays. Amp farm's digital delay does that and I'd expect many delays that emulate an early 80's digital delay will get you what you want. The second effect can be gotten from a vibrato pedal emulation, a ring modulator, or a flanger with a narrow sweep but bordering on resonance.

Andy
Old 29th December 2010
Gear Nut

Software to create these guitar effects.

Why don't you find their pedalboards online. I'm pretty sure beach house dude uses just delays and verbs with his slide and kinda moving alittle up and down to apply natural vibrato.

There's some high quality live videos of BH online. Maybe you can hear it in a different context.
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search