The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
pro tools problems Audio Interfaces
Old 27th December 2010
Gear Head

pro tools problems

I got Protools M-Powered 8 v8.0.4cs for christmas and am running it on a macbook pro OS X v10.5.8 with an M-audio Profire 610 interface. I'm just messing around trying to get the feel for Protools and recording different instruments and mics. when I playback a recording, it will play fine, then randomly a patch of static will appear that is extremely loud and invisible on the waveform. It will also mix up the audio track when it does this as well. It will insert a guitar part from earlier in the song where it shouldn't be in the track.
I've tried shutting down all other running applications other than protools to free up CPU usage, but this hasn't solved anything. If I try to punch in a recording over one of the bad ones, it doesn't fix anything. Random static will still pop up.
It has also done this when I import audio files such as a file from iTunes.

Anyone know what the problem might be?

Thanks,
Bthr22

Also, if there's any other information about anything that I may have left out let me know.
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search