The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Klipsch promedia 2.1 vs Blue Sky Exo2.1 Studio Monitors
Old 27th December 2010
Gear Addict

Exclamation Klipsch promedia 2.1 vs Blue Sky Exo2.1

yeah so i recently got the klipsch promedia 2.1's. and im pretty satisfied with the sound quality and output. Although i do wish the satellites were a tad louder, as I tend to have small parties consisting of blasting dubstep.

anyways, what im wondering is how much louder would the exo2 satellites be than my klipsch's? I know the bass will be much louder too but im not worried about the bass as my promedias have plenty for how loud the satellites get.

id rather not buy the exo2's just yet if there not going to be much louder. can someone tell me how they would compare?

Also, how loud is safe to turn my promedia's up to? iv heard stories of people blowing them so id like to avoid that. usually i keep my macbook/ipod no higher than around 75% volume, as well as the main volume of the promedias no higher than 75%, and the sub at about 25%. does this sound safe?
Old 28th December 2010
Gear Addict

anyone?
Old 28th December 2010
Gear Maniac

I can't necessarily answer your question, but if you're holding off on the exo's for monetary reasons, I have a set that I might be getting rid of soon; I was thinking of holding onto them to cross reference mixes to, but if someone were to want them I'd be pretty easily convinced to sell

P.S. I hope it's okay that I put this info on this forum, since it has to do with gear he's looking at.

Last edited by tinlunchbox; 28th December 2010 at 04:23 AM.. Reason: added p.s.
Old 28th December 2010
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinlunchbox View Post
I can't necessarily answer your question, but if you're holding off on the exo's for monetary reasons, I have a set that I might be getting rid of soon; I was thinking of holding onto them to cross reference mixes to, but if someone were to want them I'd be pretty easily convinced to sell

P.S. I hope it's okay that I put this info on this forum, since it has to do with gear he's looking at.
its ok pm me if so. and what condition are they in? how long have you had them etc?
Old 28th December 2010
Lives for gear

I have two sets of Promedia 2.1s on two different computers and they're really cool speakers. In fact they're one of my favorites for checking final mixes. I'm not saying they're accurate, but they're revealing in a useful way and they're fun to listen to.

But I'm done looking for high end computer speakers after hearing Focal XS 2.1. I bought one pair on the spot and I'm considering another. They're phenomenal. Damn near studio monitor quality and they're tiny, and PLENTY loud. I'm blown away.

I don't know what you're ultimately hoping for, but these are fantastic if they fit the bill.
Old 28th December 2010
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by elambo View Post
I have two sets of Promedia 2.1s on two different computers and they're really cool speakers. In fact they're one of my favorites for checking final mixes. I'm not saying they're accurate, but they're revealing in a useful way and they're fun to listen to.

But I'm done looking for high end computer speakers after hearing Focal XS 2.1. I bought one pair on the spot and I'm considering another. They're phenomenal. Damn near studio monitor quality and they're tiny, and PLENTY loud. I'm blown away.

I don't know what you're ultimately hoping for, but these are fantastic if they fit the bill.
they are a bit pricey for what im looking for at this point. but possibly in the future. are the focals louder than my klipsch's you think? i cant go any less loud than these.
Old 28th December 2010
Lives for gear

I've never had either pair up past 1/2 volume so I couldn't really say. The Focals do seem louder at 5, and they don't distort like the Klipsch, so I assume they can get plenty loud. You'd definitely prefer the bass from the Focals at high volume, or any volume.
Old 28th December 2010
Gear Addict

Quote:
I've never had either pair up past 1/2 volume so I couldn't really say. The Focals do seem louder at 5, and they don't distort like the Klipsch, so I assume they can get plenty loud. You'd definitely prefer the bass from the Focals at high volume, or any volume.
alright thanks for the input. also what volume did you have your computer at when you have your speakers at half volume?

edit: also the bass on the klipsch is enough for me for now, its more the satellites im worried about. i listen to a lot of dubstep so loud crisp mids are a must haha.
Old 29th December 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyons238 View Post
alright thanks for the input. also what volume did you have your computer at when you have your speakers at half volume?
When using the Klipsch I'd keep the computer at full volume and ride the speakers. The Focals are digital (USB) so the computer volume is the speaker volume.
Old 29th December 2010
Gear Addict

Quote:
When using the Klipsch I'd keep the computer at full volume and ride the speakers. The Focals are digital (USB) so the computer volume is the speaker volume.
hmm ok. so using my computer at full volume wont clip the signal or anything will it? iv always been told to never turn anything up past about 75% whether it be a head unit in your car, an ipod, etc to avoid clipping.

also id rather not have usb speakers because i only have 2 usb ports in my 2010 macbook unibody (dohh! apple what were u thinking??) and i need 1 usb port for my audio interface, and 1 for my midi keyboard.
Old 29th December 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
I have two sets of Promedia 2.1s on two different computers and they're really cool speakers. In fact they're one of my favorites for checking final mixes.
I agree. Love these things. I've had two pairs and tell a lot of my friends
to get them for their computers. I always bring my final mix to these to
listen to.

I wouldn't mix down on them.

Mine get rather loud, but I don't think I'd use them for a dubstep party. Maybe
a few friends chilling in a room, not 75+ people where the music is the focus
and the conversation secondary.
Old 29th December 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Entrainer View Post
not 75+ people where the music is the focus
and the conversation secondary.
In that scenario I'd suggest taking your 75+ friends to a club.
Old 29th December 2010
Gear Addict

Ya I dont have 75 ppl over. Just my close friends that I got into dubstep.10-15 ppl. But I still sometimes want more output. Bass + rolling = pure love.
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search