The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Installing Komplete 7 Virtual Instrument Plugins
Old 26th December 2010
Here for the gear

Installing Komplete 7

I just got NI's Komplete 7 heh but since I already have the demo for Massive installed, do you think I would need to uninstall massive prior to installing komplete?
Also, is there anything else important that I should know before installing?
thanks.
Old 26th December 2010
Lives for gear

It would probably be a good idea to uninstall Massive. If you're on Windows, you probably already know how to uninstall it. If you're on Mac, NI has a specific uninstall utility program you can download from the site, found on this page, under "utilities":

NATIVE INSTRUMENTS : Support : Updates : Drivers & Other Files

When you install Komplete 7, use the discs, but then each program may have updates to download, so go ahead and do that.

Once everything is installed, NI recommends that you open each program in standalone mode first, before trying to open them as a plugin in your DAW. I think this helps it set itself up better or something. This is also a good recommendation for software instruments by other companies as well.
Old 26th December 2010
Here for the gear

thanks for the response,
but if I use the uninstall utility to uninstall Massive, Massive will still install when I install Komplete 7, right?
Old 26th December 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanrosenq1 View Post
Also, is there anything else important that I should know before installing?
thanks.
Make some popcorn and bring a pillow.
Old 27th December 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanrosenq1 View Post
thanks for the response,
but if I use the uninstall utility to uninstall Massive, Massive will still install when I install Komplete 7, right?
Provided you selected it in the install screen. By default they're all selected I think. Look for "Customize" when you install - also lets you change the destination for the huge libraries.
Old 27th December 2010
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by greggybud View Post
Make some popcorn and bring a pillow.
Yep..It was quite a hang looking at the installer text "Please wait while Native Instruments Komplete 7 Setup installs Komplete 7. This may take several minutes" for more then 6 hours.
Old 27th December 2010
Lives for gear

Yes, Massive will still install. I just figured you might as well start with a clean slate.
Old 27th December 2010
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzbazz View Post
Yep..It was quite a hang looking at the installer text "Please wait while Native Instruments Komplete 7 Setup installs Komplete 7. This may take several minutes" for more then 6 hours.
Damn 6 hours! Ill be sure not to forget a pillow for that long of a wait
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search