The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Pro tools 8.0.4 nothing but problems!!! HELP!!! DAW Software
Old 26th December 2010
  #1
Lives for gear
 
RTR's Avatar
Pro tools 8.0.4 nothing but problems!!! HELP!!!

I dont know aht I was thinking going back to PT...IO bought an mbox 3 and installed PT 8.0.4 and it worked just fine, a day later I try to launch PT and I get the Pace error, then I try to re-install and get driver errors...what a headache...can any of you please help me..I have searched and read the DUC forms and have found no solution! Thank you!!
Old 26th December 2010
  #2
Deleted #157546
Guest
What OS are you running?

Also, did you try starting your computer with the mbox plugged in already?

My original mbox is kind of fidgety like that.
Old 26th December 2010
  #3
Lives for gear
 
RTR's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayvo86 View Post
What OS are you running?

Also, did you try starting your computer with the mbox plugged in already?

My original mbox is kind of fidgety like that.
I am on win.7 64bit...I think after all of the damn errors I got it was some of the plugins I had installed....I removed all of my plugins and it re-installed and is working FOR NOW!!!! Now I cant understand how all of my vst plugins are showing up in PT..I never wrapped them or anything but they are still showing up in my plugins!
Old 27th December 2010
  #4
Deleted #157546
Guest
Quote:
Originally Posted by RTR View Post
I am on win.7 64bit...I think after all of the damn errors I got it was some of the plugins I had installed....I removed all of my plugins and it re-installed and is working FOR NOW!!!! Now I cant understand how all of my vst plugins are showing up in PT..I never wrapped them or anything but they are still showing up in my plugins!

Hmm...Interesting. I don't have experience wrapping VST's in Pro Tools. Wish I could help more.
Old 27th December 2010
  #5
Lives for gear
 
RTR's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayvo86 View Post
Hmm...Interesting. I don't have experience wrapping VST's in Pro Tools. Wish I could help more.
Thanks for your input though, I do appreciate it!!
Old 28th December 2010
  #6
Lives for gear
 
Mark D.'s Avatar
 

Do you have the latest verson of Pace? They update that software often.
If you have IE 8.0 perhaps downgrade to 7.0. PT supposedly is okay with
8.0 now, but that may not be certain. The other idea is a longshot if the
IE idea fails. Try running PT with its XP compatibility mode. That doesn't
come with Win 7, but I think you can download it from the MS web site.
Old 28th December 2010
  #7
Gear Maniac
 
djemberecords's Avatar
 

Pace problems and PT copy protection in general were my last straw! I switched to MOTU I/O and Reaper.

I paid for it, I did not steal it, I'm not going to give it away -- I just want to use it. And have it actually work.
Old 28th December 2010
  #8
Quote:
Originally Posted by djemberecords View Post
Pace problems and PT copy protection in general were my last straw! I switched to MOTU I/O and Reaper.

I paid for it, I did not steal it, I'm not going to give it away -- I just want to use it. And have it actually work.
It's a shame there aren't more people with your ethics, else there'd be no need for copy protection.

I'd love to help, but I avoid PCs like the plague for music.
Top Mentioned Products
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Similar Threads
Thread
Thread Starter / Forum
Replies
penthouse / Music Computers
21
Roscoe371 / Low End Theory
3
@Matt / Music Computers
3
Andi Rauscher / So much gear, so little time
7
T. Biddy / So much gear, so little time
4

Forum Jump
Forum Jump