The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Storage
Old 25th December 2010
Here for the gear

Storage

I am looking for a harddrive that has atleast 500 gbs( preferably a Tb) of space that I can house my itunes library and run logic and protools sessions off with FW800 as wel as back up documentation. Im not going to be running vsts or anything like that off the drive. I want to know what people are using that have similar needs. My issue is is that I only have about 150 bucks to budget and I have read online a lot of issues iwth drives crapping out when using them in this manner( are these kind of issues more common on Windows OS?). I am going to be running OS 10.6 Snow Leopard with logic 9. I want something that is going to be reliable. Reliability is of top priority.

A example is with my fathers WD MY Book studio which he has backing up against his RAID system( a mac on that has crapped out twice). That drive has just recently fried and now won't turn on for what he thinks is no reason.
Old 25th December 2010
I've heard a lot of good stuff about OWC drives. And they have reallygood prices.

Performance Upgrades; FireWire USB SATA Storage; Memory, more at OWC
Old 26th December 2010
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yenrah View Post
I've heard a lot of good stuff about OWC drives. And they have reallygood prices.

Performance Upgrades; FireWire USB SATA Storage; Memory, more at OWC
have bought from them and built my own as well.
If you have a compusa local to you, you can probably put together one, go with a SATA drive and kit, get the fastest speed you can afford to purchase.
Cases are only about $30, believe.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search