The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Help on connector cards for pro tools Digital Converters
Old 25th December 2010
Lives for gear

Help on connector cards for pro tools

I have just got pro tools 9 and need to connect some apogee ad8000 ( and big ben ) to a mac 8 core .

I have been told either of these two cards will be able to do it ,

Lynx Studio Technology AES16e PCI Express 192 kHz AES/EBU Interface | VintageKing.com

RME HDSP AES-32 I/O System | VintageKing.com

Does anyone know any benefits of either ?

The lynx is cheaper , though the RME says it has an onboard word clock i/o . Would I need that to connect to the big ben ?

Very grateful for any help!

Thanks ,

Brett Shaw
Old 27th December 2010
Lives for gear

bump?
Old 3rd January 2011
Here for the gear

I have the exact same question, i just dont have the big ben clock.
If you find the answer, please contact me. If I find something I will answer here too.

I don´t think this would be a problem, I just think the outs from the card to the monitors would have to be converted, as they only have AES/EBU outs. Or use a simple interface, like a Mbox just to connect the monitors. I´m looking for some answers for this too.
Old 4th January 2011
Here for the gear

Anyone?
Old 4th January 2011
Apogee makes a PCIE 32 and 64 card. Check ebay. I think they go for about $800
Old 5th January 2011
Here for the gear

Do they work with the AD8000? The info i found is that it is designed for Rosetta 800, Rosetta 200, AD-16X and DA-16X.
Old 7th February 2012
Here for the gear

I am sure it will work but you need to find some very rare AMBUS cards that give you 8 AES in and out on a Dsub. It certainly works well on My Mackie HDR!!
I have 2 and need a 3rd, just cant find one.https://static.gearslutz.com/board/im...ies/nu/009.gif
Old 7th February 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett 123 View Post
I have just got pro tools 9 and need to connect some apogee ad8000 ( and big ben ) to a mac 8 core .

I have been told either of these two cards will be able to do it ,

Lynx Studio Technology AES16e PCI Express 192 kHz AES/EBU Interface | VintageKing.com

RME HDSP AES-32 I/O System | VintageKing.com
If you search, I've written about this several times. Short story, RME was my choice. As you are using a Mac, you might check with the RME site or ask their customer support if there is anything that affects you differently. I use a PC.

And the RME has W/C I/O You can feed your clock into it and have it slave to the clock and output to other devices, you can use the AES 1/2 from the converters to create your clock and have everything else slave to it,... basically all the usual stuff.

The only big deal (which is not a big deal) is the pin outs, which would be different for the RME dsub than the Lynx dsub.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search