The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Novation Zero SL MKII: switching fader banks DAW Software
Old 24th December 2010
Lives for gear

Smile Novation Zero SL MKII: switching fader banks

I have one of these little control surfaces with 8 faders. Is there a way to switch between banks of 8 faders (i.e. go from faders 1-8 to 9-16 etc.)?

It's not obvious to me!

Many thanks guys.
Old 24th December 2010
Lives for gear

What about the page buttons next to the crossfader ?
Old 24th December 2010
Lives for gear

Smile

That doesn't work - tried it!

I actually worked it out shortly after posting - if you select channel 9 in your sequencer (Logic in my case) the Zero SL automatically selects faders 9-16.

Pretty straightforward but it took a slowcoach like me a little while to work out!

Old 24th December 2010
Lives for gear

You should be able to page as well I believe? It sounds like something is intercepting it incoming but not outgoing, did you cable up everything recommended in your clicks & ports layer etc?
Old 24th December 2010
Lives for gear

Yeah, I think it's all set up OK in the environment (Logic). The page button doesn't seem to do anything at all when the Zero SL is in Mixer mode...

However, I'm happy enough with my little workaround.

Happy Christmas!
Old 24th December 2010
Gear Head

Use the crossfader!!!!!!

Move the crossfader all the way to the right/left to switch banks forward/backward, respectively. Well, that's how it is in Pro Tools, at least.

Merry Xmas :-)
Old 24th December 2010
Lives for gear
good to see you found a workaround. you should be able to use the page right button, though.

What happens when you're in mixer view and you press 'page right'?
Old 25th December 2010
Lives for gear

Dude the page button wont work. U have to assign which buttons u need to BANK UP and DOWN urself. The Automap display has it and its really easy. I am not in my studio, if u dont figure it out lemme know and i'll walk u thru it.
Old 25th December 2010
Lives for gear

Smile

Thanks Nyne - I'll try it out! thumbsup
Old 10th July 2011
Gear Nut

this thing is really crazy to program everytime I try something at the end messes up and not any real good instructions out there then the bank page doesn't load the next set of faders? anyone who could help me not blow my brains out at this point would be a life saver!!! please help! oh and how do I reset to to fresh again?
Old 26th July 2011
Here for the gear

Please, if anyone is reading this, can I have some advice based on what's written here? I have been trying for two days to get this thing to work. I'm on the verge of sending it back!
Old 29th July 2011
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecstacy2012 View Post
this thing is really crazy to program everytime I try something at the end messes up and not any real good instructions out there then the bank page doesn't load the next set of faders? anyone who could help me not blow my brains out at this point would be a life saver!!! please help! oh and how do I reset to to fresh again?
What DAW are you using? Could you contact Technical Support and I will do my best to help you out. We are planning on making more tutorials soon.

The Official Source for Novation Product Support and Information .: Novation Answerbase

Best regards,

Tim

Focusrite / N ovation Technical Support
Old 29th July 2011
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Varney View Post
Please, if anyone is reading this, can I have some advice based on what's written here? I have been trying for two days to get this thing to work. I'm on the verge of sending it back!
Regarding this issue, to clarify, FL Studio users need to do the following:

Select the FLStudio Template on the SL MK II by pushing the speed dial, then in FL Studio, right click each parameter you wish to control and select 'Link to Controller.' Move the SL's control and this will map. Press Write to save globals.

All the best,

Tim

Focusrite / Novation
Old 13th January 2012
Gear Nut

curious...

the only thing im wondering is...

if you have 16 tracks. tracks 1-8 are controlled by the Novation Zero. Say i move track 3's fader down to the bottom. If i bank over to tracks 9-16, and want to move track 11 down (was track 3)....how does all this work if the fader is near the bottom but say i want to move track 11 down like -10db?????
hope that makes sense.

Old 20th June 2013
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by StereoSteve View Post
the only thing im wondering is...

if you have 16 tracks. tracks 1-8 are controlled by the Novation Zero. Say i move track 3's fader down to the bottom. If i bank over to tracks 9-16, and want to move track 11 down (was track 3)....how does all this work if the fader is near the bottom but say i want to move track 11 down like -10db?????
hope that makes sense.

BUMP!

really could anybody answer this please? apart from being curious, i'm thinking of buying a novation zero myself and i really have no idea how having 2 banks of faders could possibly work in a convenient way (unless it has a system that actually moves each fader to it's proper position whenever you change bank , but i've only seen this on expensive studio equipment like the Lexicon 960L Larc2 controller)
Old 28th November 2013
Here for the gear

Bump again! Same question over here. I would guess your fader settings would stay the same as long as you do not touch a fader in a new bank. Can anyone confirm this?
Old 28th November 2013
Lives for gear

You can edit the behaviour of the controllers individually or globally, to either 'jump' which means that touching a fader will move the parameter to the current fader position, or 'pick up' which means that the value will not change until the fader moves beyond the value previously set for that parameter. The position of the fader will not change automatically AFAIK they are not motorised. IIRC the default setting is 'pick up'.
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search