The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Protools 8, HD - Anyone ever encountered THIS issue? DAW Software
Old 22nd December 2010
Gear Nut

Protools 8, HD - Anyone ever encountered THIS issue?

Im having an issue where an "Audio" folder for any given session is being randomly created on a completely different hard drive partition, outside of the initial session folder. Some of the audio files are then displaced in that folder, while others remain in the original audio folder. I have not been able to identify a pattern here.

I'm currently running Protools 8 HD on a PowerPC Mac, hence upgrading to Protools 9 will not be an option until the hardware is upgraded.

Any help would be much appreciated!
Old 22nd December 2010
Deleted #157546
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewDUDE View Post
Im having an issue where an "Audio" folder for any given session is being randomly created on a completely different hard drive partition, outside of the initial session folder. Some of the audio files are then displaced in that folder, while others remain in the original audio folder. I have not been able to identify a pattern here.

I'm currently running Protools 8 HD on a PowerPC Mac, hence upgrading to Protools 9 will not be an option until the hardware is upgraded.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Interesting...I suppose you could disable to partition from being writing by Pro Tools as a temporary solution.
Old 22nd December 2010
Gear Nut

You probably have something wrong in your disk allocation. Go to your setup menu and choose disk allocation. You can set where your tracks are saved to from there. Make sure the "round robin" option isn't checked. That could really screw you up if you transfer sessions a lot.
Old 23rd December 2010
Protools 8, HD - Anyone ever encountered THIS issue?

Round Robin is almost certainly activated.
Old 23rd December 2010
Gear Head

I have had many issues transferring back and forth between a mac tower with multiple hard drives - and my laptop for editing at home.

At least what I have concluded is that going from the Mac Pro (on the 2nd harddrive "Audio") to my macbook pro where I don't have a partition so the disk allocation is changed to be on Macintosh HD instead of Audio HD. So then when I transfer back to the Mac pro, any rendered files/fades/anything else that I consolidated while on the laptop has the disk allocation set to be on Macintosh HD, so Pro Tools creates a folder on the wrong harddrive for all files that it thinks are supposed to be allocated there.

I don't know if I explained that as clearly as I could... but needless to say... I check my disk allocation religiously before copying anything onto a external harddrive.
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search