The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Where To Find AND Download Sample Libraries for FREE!
Old 22nd December 2010
Gear Head

Talking Where To Find AND Download Sample Libraries for FREE!

I find the price of sample packs to be quite extreme when you start buying quite a few.

I am looking on the net where to download sample library packs like drum loops etc for free (tribal and afrobeat).

If you know any, please drop me an email [email protected]. Please make my christmas wish come true !
Old 22nd December 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilgrim007 View Post
I find the price of sample packs to be quite extreme when you start buying quite a few.

I am looking on the net where to download sample library packs like drum loops etc for free (tribal and afrobeat).

If you know any, please drop me an email [email protected]. Please make my christmas wish come true !
Very unlikely you'll get anything more than a few quality demo sounds "for free".

Remember, someone has to create these sounds. They don't generally want to do that "for free" so you have to pay for their work.

There are plenty of inexpensive libraries around - you don't have to pay $3-400 per library.

With samples and sounds, you generally get what you pay for.
Old 22nd December 2010
Lots of sales going on at the moment. 50% off etc....

Sample libraries are very expensive to record and take many man hours to produce. Please support your sample library makers by buying the odd one, especially at the current heavily discounted prices.
Old 23rd December 2010
Lives for gear

Be fair Pilgrim: Think how you would feel if you work and then your boss doesn`t pay you.
Old 23rd December 2010
Lives for gear

In my opinion £30/£40 for hundreds/thousands of top quality samples from someone like Wave Alchemy is ridiculously good value for money.

It's worth investing money slowly but surely building up your sample library. The sounds will never get old, lose their quality or whatever, so the more sounds you have at your disposal, the better....sometimes to get that sound to complete your track, the sample is sitting on your hardrive..waiting to be tweaked/warped/manipulated...

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search