The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Logic Maxing out one core solution (maybe)
Old 22nd December 2010
Lives for gear

Logic Maxing out one core solution (maybe)

Ok so a while ago I had a problem with a project that I was maxing out the last core of my mac pro only with the others having lots of headroom.
Last night I was working on a tracks and quickly threw a heap of plugins on a "mastering" buss that I have set up for this (this is a buss that everything goes to before the stereo out).
Once doing so I played around for a little longer then my mac started having the problem stated earlier. I deleted all the plugins and the problem still existed. THEN I deleted the actual mastering buss....PROBLEM SOLVED!!!
So for anyone having this problem give this a go it might sort it out for you.

Anyone know why this might happen though?
Old 22nd December 2010
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by rushton View Post
Ok so a while ago I had a problem with a project that I was maxing out the last core of my mac pro only with the others having lots of headroom.
Last night I was working on a tracks and quickly threw a heap of plugins on a "mastering" buss that I have set up for this (this is a buss that everything goes to before the stereo out).
Once doing so I played around for a little longer then my mac started having the problem stated earlier. I deleted all the plugins and the problem still existed. THEN I deleted the actual mastering buss....PROBLEM SOLVED!!!
So for anyone having this problem give this a go it might sort it out for you.

Anyone know why this might happen though?
I think the manual says something related to this. Something along the lines that if one of your cores is all used up, add another bus and divide the load to this bus. But good to know what you have found.

-Cheers
Old 22nd December 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by fabriciom View Post
I think the manual says something related to this. Something along the lines that if one of your cores is all used up, add another bus and divide the load to this bus. But good to know what you have found.

-Cheers
Yeah at one point I had this problem and I tried everything on their site and in the manual and i couldn't fix it. Its almost like the plugin load would stay there even though they had been deleted.
Also I learnt to always check you don't have a instrument track selected and instead an audio or bus in the arrange, this will make it look like you have the problem but its just because your in 'live mode'.
Old 22nd December 2010
Lives for gear

thanks for this info.

will consider this

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search