The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
PT9 & Mackie Control DAW Software
Old 21st December 2010
PT9 & Mackie Control

new to PT, but not DAWs, and I'm trying to figure out the ins & outs of PT9. I have a MCU & 2 expanders and a FF800. so far so good...

lots of little things that are tricky... for example - in my other DAW, Digital Performer 7.22, I can set the FF & REW buttons on my MCU to jump between markers. is there a way to do this in PT9? I have a hard time believing there there isn't.

FWIW I have a hard time using a PDF manual. I can't flip around easily to jump between topics or mark things I'm interested in with a post-it note. [sigh]

thanks
Old 22nd December 2010
Lives for gear

Do you have the Pro Tools overlay for your MCU? If so, how you can navigate around to markers is by using the "Cue Mgr" button (HUI mode) and then press down on vpots 1-8 (which is markers 1-8). This is the only way I know how to navigate with markers on the MCU (this control doesn't extend to expanders unfortunately, so you can only do this with up to 8 markers in a session). I don't know what the "Cue Mgr" button would be on the "default" overlay, since I've placed my PT overlay on mine permanently.
Old 23rd December 2010
Franco - thanks for the info. 8 isn't optimal, but it's better than nothing. I will check it out. I do have the overlay. didn't catch the cue manager reference.
Old 6th April 2011
Here for the gear

Cue MGR is the "click" button if you don't have the overlay on (Mackie Control Universal Mode).

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search