The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Need Help! Using Mbox2 Pro with Fruity Loops Audio Interfaces
Old 21st December 2010
Here for the gear

Need Help! Using Mbox2 Pro with Fruity Loops

I am using an Mbox2 Pro with Fruity Loops (I am a novice here) and I am having a problem with the vocal signal that I hear in the headphones. It sounds like there is a long, slow chorus on my voice which I think is me hearing the dry signal mixed with the signal after it goes into fruity loops, slightly delayed by the processing time. It is driving me nuts and making it hard to sing a vocal. How do I get rid of this so I can just here the dry signal? Any help here would be so appreciated!
Old 21st December 2010
Lives for gear

Latency?

Check: Options/Audio.

For recording you want to set it as low as possible, then set higher for mixing, when the delay won't be so critical.
Old 22nd December 2010
Here for the gear

Not sure what you mean?

Thanks for your reply, however, I am not sure what type of adjustment down you are referring to. Could you please be more specific? Thanks!
Old 25th December 2010
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildmutation View Post
Thanks for your reply, however, I am not sure what type of adjustment down you are referring to. Could you please be more specific? Thanks!
There should be a setting stating latency ranging like

256, 512, 1024, etc..

The other poster was saying that when you are recording, you will want to set the number as low as possible to avoid the latency that you are experiencing.

When you are mixing your tracks, after recording, you'll want to raise the number to whatever works without clicking, and stopping, probably around 1024 but depends on computer.
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search