The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
DAE error -6042 desperate! Keyboard Synthesizers
Old 20th December 2010
DAE error -6042 desperate!

I am running a 5 mix farm card sytem on Logic 5.5 with a Digidesign 13 slot chassis on OS 9.2.2. (G4 squicksilver 933MhZ 1.5 gigRAM)All cards have been installed correctly, have tried DAE playback engine at 0, 2 and 4 ! and removed AT accelerater extensions. Have also cut colours down to 256 and changed Logic background colour and a host of other things I have found on the net! Digidesign never seemed to have tackled this fairly common problem head on! I have the latest driver installed in my SCSI card firmware (ATTO Express PCIPro card model: PSC) I cannot remember if the problem occured before I added the Expansion Chassi but surely it should all work fine??... there must be loads of people out there with similar MIX systems?

I would really appreciate to hear from anyone still running a similar system or perhaps from someone who used to!

The problem seems to be fairly random. Can happen with as little as 2 audio tracks!

Any clues much appreciated. Thanks!
Old 21st December 2010
Lives for gear

Hi,

I don't have a mix system but I ran PTLE with an 001 on OS9 for years.....

Set your display to 1024X768. I would also ensure that your disk cache in the memory control panel is set to 512. Sometimes the DAE engine and get corrupted and you need to re-install them. The dae engine, dae control panel and all dae extensions.

6042 error was an issue with beige G3's, which I had but the error would only pop up every once in a while on my machine at random. 6042 is supposed to be a pci bus error, so it could be your expansion chassis. Try logic without it and just loadup the G4 with cards.
Old 21st December 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by s.d.finley View Post
Hi,

I don't have a mix system but I ran PTLE with an 001 on OS9 for years.....

Set your display to 1024X768. I would also ensure that your disk cache in the memory control panel is set to 512. Sometimes the DAE engine and get corrupted and you need to re-install them. The dae engine, dae control panel and all dae extensions.

6042 error was an issue with beige G3's, which I had but the error would only pop up every once in a while on my machine at random. 6042 is supposed to be a pci bus error, so it could be your expansion chassis. Try logic without it and just loadup the G4 with cards.
Hey! thanks for the input chap!

I hope it isnt the chassis cos all the dsp invariably gets used with the five mix farm cards on most sessions!.... Funnily enough, yesturday I changed the 888/24 channel 1/2 input settings on Mix card 4 (where I had been sending spdif from a macbook) in the hardware set up from Digital in back to analog. So far this error hasnt re-occured!... i read somewhere that this also seemed to bring the wretched error on!... I have ditched DEA prefs before which did eliviate the problem for a while! I will certainly try the display trick tho! Cheers!
Old 22nd December 2010
Lives for gear

DAE error -6042 desperate!

No problem. Lemme know if you got it to work.
Old 23rd December 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by s.d.finley View Post
No problem. Lemme know if you got it to work.
Well my friend!... that seems to have done the trick.... returning the channel 1-2 input setting I had on digital back to analog!... crazy eh!... just shows you its such a laberynth of binary commands and connections in software!... I think we all take the amazing tasks a computer does for granted sometimes!.... ... its no wonder some things dont follow a logical path at times!.... however.. I havnt done all the tests yet but certainly where i was at dubbing vocals seems to be void of the problem now!... let you know...
Thanks!
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search