The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Linking Aardvark Q10 with Presonus Firestudio? Audio Interfaces
Old 20th December 2010
Gear Head

Linking Aardvark Q10 with Presonus Firestudio?

Hello people.

So, the topic speaks for itself. Has anyone tried this? Is it possible to get the Aardvark to work with Firestudio?

I am thinking about upgrading my current gear which is the Aardvark Q10 soundcard to Presonus' Firestudio but I was thinking
that if it is possible to use these together? Is the ADAT connection what I must use to connect these or how?
Old 21st December 2010
Lives for gear

Are you using a Mac? IF so, you can use an "Aggregate Device". You can link them together as one interface.
Old 21st December 2010
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flammable View Post
Hello people.

So, the topic speaks for itself. Has anyone tried this? Is it possible to get the Aardvark to work with Firestudio?

I am thinking about upgrading my current gear which is the Aardvark Q10 soundcard to Presonus' Firestudio but I was thinking
that if it is possible to use these together? Is the ADAT connection what I must use to connect these or how?
the q10 doesn't have ADAT. But I've connected my q10 to my RME HDSP 9652 via SPDIF. They both wont show up in you DAW under ASIO (I'm on windows) but you can use the q10 inputs mixed down to two through the SPDIF input.
Old 22nd December 2010
Gear Head

What about using two soundcards at the same time in the same software? I guess it would be using two different drivers, each set for one card.
Does this make any sense?
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search