The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Euphonix MC Mix and Quickeys
Old 20th December 2010
Gear Maniac

Euphonix MC Mix and Quickeys

(In theory) couldn't i setup some complex key commands with Pro Tools 9, Quickeys (or similar app) and the Euphonix MC Control? Has anyone done it yet?
Old 20th December 2010
Lives for gear

I use Quickkeys. Great product, but I don't see how you could get it to communicate to Eucon.
Old 20th December 2010
Lives for gear

Works fine. I create macros/key-command sequences in QK, then assign those to the soft buttons of the Euphonix. Pretty cool, actually.

The way this works is that a macro in QK is triggered by a so-called hotkey, which is simply a keycommand, and this keycommand is then injected from the Euphonix. So you have for example F3 trigger your macro in QuickKeys, then assign an F3 keystroke to one of the softknobs.
Old 20th December 2010
Gear Maniac

I figured it out and it awseome. Now I need to find out how to select\access the plugins in the Mix view in Pro Tools 9. Anyone know how? There has to be a way.

Im assuming that theres a shortcut after you select a track in Pro Tools 9 while in the Mix view.
Old 20th December 2010
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamwerks View Post
I use Quickkeys. Great product, but I don't see how you could get it to communicate to Eucon.
Its awesome. I have some macros that access the Audiosuite menu (from the drop down menu) then select some of my fav plugins. After I create the macro and the hotkey in Quickeys, I program those keys in Eucon and link them to my soft keys on the MC Control.

Blam, its awesome!!!
Old 20th December 2010
Lives for gear

As far as I know, this will work with McControl or McTransport, but NOT with McMix. They don't have assignable soft buttons.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search