The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Problems with Cubase SX CPU limit (apparently) Dynamics Plugins
Old 19th December 2010
Deleted User
Problems with Cubase SX CPU limit (apparently)

Hi Guys,

I'm having a problem. I have the most minute of set-ups at the minute, to the point of it being a Line 6 Toneport UX1 and a copy of Cubase SX.

The problem I'm having is that when I try to record anything using the Toneport as the interface, there's so much lagging and the CPU meter hits the red light all the time. I've tried altering the buffer size but it still does it, I have 4GB of RAM so it shouldn't be doing this...

Anybody help?
Old 20th December 2010
Lives for gear

Don't know... SX was awhile back -- I seem to recall a problem with CPU spikes with SX 1 or 2... which they cured by the time SX3 rolled around.

You might try the ASIO4ALL driver... I think it should work with the Toneport, and give you better latency.

You can get it here:

Download Free ASIO4ALL, ASIO4ALL 2.9 Download

Or any number of other sites; it's freeware

Try that and report back. If it doesn't help, we'll go from there. You might also do a search at the old Cubase Forum, which is read-only now:

Cubase.net .:::. Index
Old 20th December 2010
Deleted User
Hi buddy,

thanks for the help. I downloaded ASIO4ALL but it made no difference. I've found a copy of SX3 that I have, so I've installed that, but upon booting, it sticks on the 'Time Stretch' loading, and just exits...

*sigh*

I'm supposed to be recording a vocal in 2 hours...

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search