The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Anyone use Weiss AFI1 (troubleshooting) Digital Converters
Old 19th December 2010
Gear Nut

Anyone use Weiss AFI1 (troubleshooting)

Strange issue here, and I'm a bit stuck on a Sunday afternoon.

Using Windows 7 x64 and Wavelab 6. Burl ADC and Weiss AFI1.

It seems like the Weiss is stuck in dual-wire mode even though the dip switches are in single wire mode.

I have done some troubleshooting.

First, I connected each unit in a "loopback" individually.

1. Burl ADC was set to single-wire internal clock and AES output was connected to my Zodiac+ DAC. I was able to monitor the input at any sample rate and the Zodiac+ synced to the Burl clock via BNC or AES.

2. Weiss AFI1 DI1/2 was connected to the Zodiac+ AES de-jittered output. I then sent 192kHz out of the DAC via WASAPI protocol. Wavelab appeared to monitor the signal pulled from the AFI1 with no problem.

The problem arises when the two units are used in conjunction. Of note, the Weiss AFI1 will not sync to the Burl via AES clock source (at any sample rate), but works via BNC. If I sync the Weiss to the Burl via BNC, I can use sample rate of up to 96kHz.

It really seems like the Weiss is stuck in dual-wire mode even though the dip switched are correct for single wire mode. Problem is, the Weiss was able to monitor the 192kHz signal from the Zodiac DAC.
Old 28th December 2010
Gear Nut

Happy Holidays!

Anyone have a an AFI1 and doing recording at 192?

I have tried Sonar and Wavelab. No matter which Firewire driver I try for the Siig Texas Instruments based card, I can't get 192kHz to work at all. The AFI1 can playback 192kHz via ASIO w/ J. River.

I have run my BURL ADC into my Zodiac and I can monitor at 192khz so I'm thinking it is a driver issue.

I am using a Zotac ION motherboard w/ ATOM 330 cpu; Windows 7 x64. Updated firmware and Weiss drivers.

_________

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search