The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Sample library or vsti to program rough sketch vocals Virtual Instrument Plugins
Old 19th December 2010
Gear Addict

Sample library or vsti to program rough sketch vocals

Hi,

I'm kind of a one man band in my studio and am a pretty good vocalist (or so I think). I have written my vocals over the years by of course feel but lately I have been doing it by writing the melodies on piano first in my DAW (including the harmonies).

Is there a sample library or vsti that would allow me to sequence vowel sounds e.g. "ah a ee ohh oooh, etc"? This would possibly be one step better than just piano for me. I see cinesamples voxos has a phrase bulder, but it is too expensive for me. I am just looking to do something for decent rough sketches before I lay down the track. Half creative / half time saver for me.

I have kontakt but the included vowels are all in one patch and it seems cumbersome to switch between them.

Are there other alternatives?

Thank you!
Lumen
Old 19th December 2010
Google Vocaloid

Rail
Old 19th December 2010
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatinumSamples View Post
Google Vocaloid

Rail
Thanks! Vocaloid Tonio looks to be a pretty good fit (I'm a male singer). It looks pretty easy to use. Does anyone have experience with this? I don't need it to sound ultra realistic but it helps.

Any other options I should consider?
Old 19th December 2010
Lives for gear

Or use whatever this guy's using.

YouTube - El Mudo - Chacaron

It'll be interesting to hear what the song sounds like once he actually writes lyrics and sings it.
Old 19th December 2010
Lives for gear

What you are talking about is using a sampler loaded with your vocals. You can do stuff like that in any sampler or softsampler such as kontakt or nnxt. Even any 'drum' sampler can load up samples of your own to create unique parts or hooks. This is basically 'hop-hop' style producing... Using hardware like akai's will give you even crunchier sounds...

With kontakt key-mapper you could easily arrange say vocal's of A# to A# key's etc etc. With kontakt you can learn to program scripts which can get insanely complex but it's not necessary. Also check out the 'group editor' and key-zones. You can program the hell out of kontakt patches each which different fx's, pitches and envolopes etc etc!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search