The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
cubase Tech question
Old 19th December 2010
Lives for gear

cubase Tech question

After having worked with Logic for a while, I find myself stuck on Cubase with something that's very easy with logic;

How do you copy a region to a new location but at the same bar/beat position when the region doesn't start on the grid?

If you just drag and drop the region in Cubase, it will position itself according to the snap value, so how do you do when it doesn't start on a specific time division?

I used to extend the region to the nearest snap point and copy it thereafter but isn't there a more straight forward way to do it?

Thanks
Old 19th December 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by djanogil View Post
After having worked with Logic for a while, I find myself stuck on Cubase with something that's very easy with logic;

How do you copy a region to a new location but at the same bar/beat position when the region doesn't start on the grid?

If you just drag and drop the region in Cubase, it will position itself according to the snap value, so how do you do when it doesn't start on a specific time division?

I used to extend the region to the nearest snap point and copy it thereafter but isn't there a more straight forward way to do it?

Thanks
Cubase.net forums are the best way to find out just about anything like that. Very useful tool!
Old 19th December 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by djanogil View Post

Thanks
You need to change the snap from "Grid" to "Grid Relative". You should also look at all the other snap modes..some are very useful.
Old 19th December 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodium glow View Post
You need to change the snap from "Grid" to "Grid Relative". You should also look at all the other snap modes..some are very useful.
thumbsup That's exactly what I needed, been using Cubase for 10 years and never even looked into these options..
Thanks!!
Old 19th December 2010
cubase Tech question

Very cool. Out of interest, can anyone describe how this would be done in PT? Is there a similar snap settings menu?
Old 19th December 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.S.Vega III View Post
Very cool. Out of interest, can anyone describe how this would be done in PT? Is there a similar snap settings menu?
On the upper left corner of the edit window you'll see 4 little boxes that say

Slip
Shuffle
Snap
Grid

Click and hold the grid button and select relative grid from the popup box.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search