The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Logic -> PT8 HELP DAW Software
Old 19th December 2010
Lives for gear

Logic -> PT8 HELP

Hey guys, I looked around for the answer to this but I can't seem to find it here. I remember reading something similar once involving samples...

It appears logic 9 exports .wav files with a stupid delay, so that it won't work properly in ProTools' grid.

I spent time trying to trim it perfectly but it just gets to be a headache.

Does anyone know exactly how many samples it is delayed by? Or any helpful information about how to sync these audio tracks properly with my tempo? I'd like to do some editing...
Old 19th December 2010
Lives for gear

I am beginning to strongly, strongly dislike Logic and it's entire essence. Seems the only thing it is good for is helping musicians make music.
Old 19th December 2010
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattjew24 View Post
I am beginning to strongly, strongly dislike Logic and it's entire essence. Seems the only thing it is good for is helping musicians make music.
Upgrade to PT9 for $250
In Logic Export project in OMF
In PT9 Import OMF
Done..

You would have to purchase OMF in PT8 Free in PT9.
Old 19th December 2010
Lives for gear

I kinda want to wait until PT9 is sorted out. A teacher I have has been using it and finding all of its quirks, and says it's not that stable yet.

I will try the OMF thing.
Old 19th December 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Hey guys, I looked around for the answer to this but I can't seem to find it here. I remember reading something similar once involving samples...

It appears logic 9 exports .wav files with a stupid delay, so that it won't work properly in ProTools' grid.

I spent time trying to trim it perfectly but it just gets to be a headache.

Does anyone know exactly how many samples it is delayed by? Or any helpful information about how to sync these audio tracks properly with my tempo? I'd like to do some editing...
songs are being exported in wavs from Logic to PT everyday, all day forever without issues. Out of my weekly mixes I would say 3 are Logic wav exports in PT 9HD. There are some user errors going on. Try exported dry (no fx) and see if that helps.
Old 19th December 2010
Lives for gear

I can mix the way things are now, but I want to edit and overdub. I'd like to be able to sync the audio with a click track. Here is a display of my problem. Perhaps it's user error, but I don't think so.
Attached Images
Logic -> PT8 HELP-screen-shot-2010-12-19-2.17.00-pm.png 
Old 19th December 2010
Lives for gear

The gap of space that Logic places at the start of all exported audio is making it difficult to work in Pro Tools the way I would like to. I could not trim it perfectly. I tried Beat Detective, although I am not very proficient at it yet, but the click ends up going off-time eventually.
Old 19th December 2010
Lives for gear

After doing some research I have found out that M-Powered cannot possibly obtain any means of support for importing/exporting OMF/AAF files. Wow...

Maybe I should upgrade to 9.
Old 19th December 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
I can mix the way things are now, but I want to edit and overdub. I'd like to be able to sync the audio with a click track. Here is a display of my problem. Perhaps it's user error, but I don't think so.
it's done all the time. i'm working on a 3 song project now where the vocals were done in PT over the 2trk music and all the music was separated and done in logic. I had to export wavs of music in logic and import into PT. no issues. they line up with vocals perfectly.

try and export without plugins and make sure your start time in logic & pt are both bar 1.
Old 19th December 2010
Lives for gear

ahhh I somehow fixed it...don't know how. It worked when I re-exported all the wavs....user-error I guess...you were right...

thanks a lot for putting up with my noobishness...
Old 19th December 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
ahhh I somehow fixed it...don't know how. It worked when I re-exported all the wavs....user-error I guess...you were right...

thanks a lot for putting up with my noobishness...
thumbsup
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search