The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
No More Digi for me. DAW Software
Old 19th December 2010
Lives for gear

No More Digi for me.

Finally sold my DIGI002, for pennies on the dollar mind you, and bought a fire wire card for my Rosetta 800. What a difference a driver makes. I used the DIGI 002 with Logic. And though it was fairly stable, with the Apogee, I am getting better performance all around, and lower latencies. I can set the buffer much lower than with the DIGI. Awesome

Living the dream,
Charlie O
Old 19th December 2010
Old 19th December 2010
Lives for gear

Old 19th December 2010
Deleted #157546
Most people dump Pro Tools for a different problem that they think will solve their lack of capabilities. But it seems that you have made a good move. Enjoy your new piece.
Old 19th December 2010
Gear Addict

Nice move. thumbsup

To be fair, the 002 was not designed to interface with anything besides PTLE.

Seems like a smart/quick/cheap solution if you already have PT/Digi002 to just use the 002 as the interface for Logic. But not being able to control the software with the faders, transport, etc sucks! I'd go with the Apogee FW card myself.

The 002 will use 'Core Audio' drivers for anything other than PT. For PT, it uses its 'Digidesign 002' drivers and you get awesome stability and low buffers (setting of 32 on PT9/mac).

Not surprisingly, I've noticed that stability-wise, PT9 with the 002 is more stable than PT9 with no interface standalone.

-Bruno
Old 19th December 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruno B View Post
Nice move. thumbsup

To be fair, the 002 was not designed to interface with anything besides PTLE.

Seems like a smart/quick/cheap solution if you already have PT/Digi002 to just use the 002 as the interface for Logic. But not being able to control the software with the faders, transport, etc sucks! I'd go with the Apogee FW card myself.

The 002 will use 'Core Audio' drivers for anything other than PT. For PT, it uses its 'Digidesign 002' drivers and you get awesome stability and low buffers (setting of 32 on PT9/mac).

Not surprisingly, I've noticed that stability-wise, PT9 with the 002 is more stable than PT9 with no interface standalone.

-Bruno
Now that's an interesting tidbit. I going to try and stay away from Pro Tools all together. Not because its no good, but simply to master Logic. They both are very capable. My preference has more to do with the way I compose. And being able to play itunes, sample editors, and all other software that won't play well with digi drivers while using logic. Oh not to mention not having to clock through spdif any more.
Old 19th December 2010
PDC
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie-O View Post
Finally sold my DIGI002, for pennies on the dollar mind you, and bought a fire wire card for my Rosetta 800. What a difference a driver makes. I used the DIGI 002 with Logic. And though it was fairly stable, with the Apogee, I am getting better performance all around, and lower latencies. I can set the buffer much lower than with the DIGI. Awesome

Living the dream,
Charlie O
It is amazing what happens when you stop using something designed for use in a PT LE closed system, and get something dialed in for Logic.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search