The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
mcdsp on logic...issues?? Channel Strip Plugins
Old 18th December 2010
Gear Maniac

mcdsp on logic...issues??

there appears to be an issue with the mcdsp plugs in logic. take any compressor for example, when you insert it, the gain reduction meter behaves erratically and jumps all over the place. then when you stop playback and no audio is passing through the gain reduction meter lights completely up...? the plugs do not behave this way in ableton live...? anyone experiencing this?
Old 19th December 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by alw4416 View Post
the gain reduction meter behaves erratically and jumps all over the place.
I'm experiencing this. Also with AC, after closing the GUI and reopening it, sometimes the values will not display correctly. The GUI will reopen in it's init state, however the audio will still be processing with the actual settings. This seems to be happening randomly.
Old 19th December 2010
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by djanthonyw View Post
I'm experiencing this. Also with AC, after closing the GUI and reopening it, sometimes the values will not display correctly. The GUI will reopen in it's init state, however the audio will still be processing with the actual settings. This seems to be happening randomly.
so you have noticed that in the compressors specifically that the gain reduction meter jumps all over and then when playback stops and no audio is being processed that the meter lights all the way up instead of returning to 0?
Old 19th December 2010
Lives for gear

Yes, it's happening for me, but I'm using Analog Channel. I've noticed a difference in the behavior of this bug between audio tracks and instrument tracks.

With audio tracks it's happening as you have mentioned, but with instrument tracks behavior seems to be normal except when nothing is playing the gain reduction meter is jumping all over the place.

These seem to just be GUI bugs and aren't effecting the audio.
Old 19th December 2010
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Yes, it's happening for me, but I'm using Analog Channel. I've noticed a difference in the behavior of this bug between audio tracks and instrument tracks.

With audio tracks it's happening as you have mentioned, but with instrument tracks behavior seems to be normal except when nothing is playing the gain reduction meter is jumping all over the place.
Guess I will be calling mcdsp first thing monday, this sucks!!!
Old 19th December 2010
Lives for gear

Since you're contacting them regarding this, here is a test project that you can give them if you want.
Attached Files
File Type: zip mcdsp_ac_meter_bug.zip (835.9 KB, 21 views)
Old 19th December 2010
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Since you're contacting them regarding this, here is a test project that you can give them if you want.
Cool thanks. I have a feeling they already know all about it...
Old 19th December 2010
Lives for gear

Yea, most likely.
Old 28th December 2010
Lives for gear

Any news on this from MCDSP?
Old 28th December 2010
Gear Maniac

I spoke to a tech and he stated it is a 'known issue'. Unfortunately this means that the mcdsp plugins are completely unusable in Logic IMO. He did not state when this issue would be fixed or even if there would be a notification on their site indicating the bug is fixed. I have to say that mcdsp's support part of their site is terrible, no forum to discuss with other users issues, and no where can I find info on versions, updates, bug fixes, etc... Not a fan currently.
Old 28th December 2010
Gear Maniac

McDSP are good people, small company and believe they will make it right, give them time.
Old 28th December 2010
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by scitscat View Post
McDSP are good people, small company and believe they will make it right, give them time.
I didn't say anything about them not being 'good people'. I am sure they are great people. I have spoken to Colin and he was cool. I was referring to their website... IMO it lacks clear communication in regards to support and gives little info on plugin versions and the current state of them.
Old 22nd January 2011
Gear Head

Has there been an update to this yet? Or the plug ins not showing up in 64 bit mode?
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search