The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
How many instances on a single UAD-Solo card? Dynamics Processors (HW)
Old 18th December 2010
Gear Nut

How many instances on a single UAD-Solo card?

I am debating either purchasing another Waves bundle, OR go the UAD route. About how many plugs can you use in a typical session on a UAD solo card? I know it depends on which plug ins, so the ones I am interested in are:
-Fatso
-Massive passive
-dbx 160
-neve 33609
-Studer A800

Any info is greatly appreciated. Thanks
Old 18th December 2010
Old 18th December 2010
Gear Nut

Thanks so much! I completely overlooked that
Old 18th December 2010
Lives for gear

If you do decide to go UAD, I would highly recommend getting a "Flexi" card. You pay about 40%-50% on the dollar, extra on the value of a $500 non-expiring plug-in voucher which you can use on any UAD plug-ins @ UA's online webshop. I don't know how many PCIe slots you have, but you could pickup (2) SOLO Flexi's (about $592 a piece @ JRRshop.com : using their group buy 15% discount pricing). You would get (2) UAD-2 cards (equal DSP to a DUO) and $1000 in plug-in vouchers to purchase the plug-ins that you want. In addition, you will already get the 1176LN, 1176SE, LA-2A, Pultec EQ, RealVerb Pro & CS-1 included with the card. Plus this month, when purchasing (3) or more plug-ins you will get an additional 30% off the total @ checkout. Basically, you will be able to get $1425 worth of plug-ins with your $1000 bucks in plug-in vouchers. In this scenario, you will be able to get all of the plug-ins in your wish list, included with your purchase of the (2) SOLO Flexi Paks, while taking advantage of the current 30% plug-in discount (which expires at this end of December).

Universal Audio | Current Promotion

Cheers,

Billy Buck
Old 22nd December 2010
Gear Nut

Thanks for the tip!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search