The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
pro tools 9 hardware insert routing question Recorders, Players & Tape Machines
Old 18th December 2010
pro tools 9 hardware insert routing question

Have they made the hardware insert routing better in PT 9? Can you set any in and out for hardware send/returns or does it still have to be the same numbers?

For instance in Cubase with my PCM 70 (which is mono in, stereo out) I can have the input as 5 and the return as 7 and 10 if I want to....or any combination I choose. Last time I used pro tools there were no mono send/stereo return choice and also the numbers of the ins and outs had to match (stupid) for instance 1/2 out and 1/2 in.

is this still the case? thanks...
Old 18th December 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike vee View Post
Have they made the hardware insert routing better in PT 9? Can you set any in and out for hardware send/returns or does it still have to be the same number of IO?

For instance in Cubase with the PCM 70 (which is mono in, stereo out) I can have the input as 5 and the return as 7 and 10 if I want to. Last time I used pro tools there were no mono send and stere return and also the numbers of the ins and outs had to match (stupid)

is this still the case? thanks...
I just went through this and you have to have the same port numbers.

My Alesis HD24 xr doesn't do bi directional on the ports and I thought I was screwed but a friend helped me configure my RME software so PT was sending to the same ports but the RME routed them to the ports I needed.
Old 18th December 2010
i guess i could just use the ssl soundscape mixer to change it around...god damnit digidesign. i hate you.
Old 25th November 2011
Here for the gear

#The Dman. Could you post a jpg of the totalmix routing? Or explain what he did. I'm struggling to get sound to come back in to Pro Tools 10 after the hardware compressor has been inserted.

Thanks
AJ
Old 24th January 2012
Here for the gear

Pro tools wants to see the same i/o for a hardware insert. How do I do this with RME's totalmix and is there an issue with latency?
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search