The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Logic - Why Will my tracks play in iTunes and not in Logic? Studio Headphones
Old 18th December 2010
Lives for gear

Logic - Why Will my tracks play in iTunes and not in Logic?

I swear I just tracked these...tracks a matter of hours ago.

The tracks are visually represented in the file I have, but they don't make a peep.

I click on one of the audio files in the audio folder and they come out crystal clear in iTunes...

Just loving it, can somebody please tell me what's going on?

What did I do now?
Old 18th December 2010
Lives for gear

I guess some kine of output issue, is there any action on the meters in Logic's mixer.
Old 18th December 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoVi View Post
I guess some kine of output issue, is there any action on the meters in Logic's mixer.
Yup, it's like it should be playing loud and clear like the rest of the tracks, but no game.
Old 18th December 2010
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by soupking View Post
Yup, it's like it should be playing loud and clear like the rest of the tracks, but no game.
are the root files locked? if so, unlock each and re import
ive had someone send me "visual files" that didnt play in PT......good luck
Old 18th December 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twig View Post
are the root files locked? if so, unlock each and re import
ive had someone send me "visual files" that didnt play in PT......good luck
Dude, no offense but I feel like I'm in the Goonies. Heh, funny, my avatar is Chunk too. What a laugh.

What are root files and where's the lock to unclick?

I'm seriously not trying to be an ass. I just don't get a lot that this software is putting me through. I have unveiled all the possible track qualities ( M, S, Freeze, etc.) and the track just doesn't play.
Old 18th December 2010
Gear Maniac

This happens to me occasionally--- I'm pretty sure the reason has to do with my external hard drive. If I turn on the hard drive and then immediately open Logic, my project will open and everything looks normal but there will be no sound.

I found that I need to turn on the hard drive and wait a few seconds before opening Logic--then everything works normally.
Old 18th December 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfunster View Post
This happens to me occasionally--- I'm pretty sure the reason has to do with my external hard drive. If I turn on the hard drive and then immediately open Logic, my project will open and everything looks normal but there will be no sound.

I found that I need to turn on the hard drive and wait a few seconds before opening Logic--then everything works normally.
Just tried that too. No dice. I probably hit some silly shortcut, but I haven't the foggiest what it is. It acts like it's there. The audio tracks play individually, but there's no sounds at 0 db.

Creating a new track and copying the data doesn't work either. Is there a way to re-import the audio files to a new track if that track is corrupt?
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search