The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Lexicon LXP Native Bundle on sale! Reverb & Delay Plugins
Old 17th December 2010
Here for the gear

Lexicon LXP Native Bundle on sale!

I posted this on the High end forum and was asked to post this here as well.

"Just wondering if the sale this weekend on the LXP bundle seems worth it to others here. Have been looking at reverbs and the PCM is quite expensive but what if they dropped the PCM by a few hundred? Did not care for the Sonnox."

In addition, the Relab reverb, full version, has been 'coming soon' but that has been many months, and the Lite version will not natively run in Pro Tools. Now with this temporary pricing of the LXP Bundle, it seems to be more appropriately priced. Thoughts?
Old 17th December 2010
Where's the sale?
Old 17th December 2010
Here for the gear

I received an email from Lexicon. Check their site to see if its there. I had used a demo in the past and so I guess I was in their database.
Old 18th December 2010
Lives for gear

I received the email from Lexicon too... Meanwhile I ALREADY OWN the friggin' bundle!

I've been trying to get some type of upgrade/discount info from Lexicon for the longest time, to move up to the PCM bundle but that's been no picnic either!

Anyway... Osroubek, despite how I feel about Lexicon "The Company"... the LXP bundle is a GREAT product! And @ 400 bucks (200 less than what I paid!), well worth the cash!

I call it like I C it...

Good luck!
~Iz
Old 18th December 2010
Lives for gear

Never mind
Old 18th December 2010
Here for the gear

Thanks Iz for your reply. No doubt the PCM bundle is great but hard to justify. Some talk about the Relab LX480 but it does not materialize in a released form after many months of 'coming soon'. Maybe you'd snap up the PCM Bundle if it dropped $200!
Old 18th December 2010
Lives for gear

You're very welcome!
Old 18th December 2010
Lives for gear

What's the chances of Lexicon PCM Native having $400 off next weekend just b4 christmas?heh

The LXP bundles doesn't have tail width control - why did they deliberately limit the controls?

LXP vs PCM features:-
LXP Native Reverb Plug-in Bundle & PCM Native Reverb Plug-in Bundle Comparison | Lexicon Pro

Regards
Josef Horhay
Mixing Engineer
www.acoosticzoo.com
Old 18th December 2010
Gear Maniac

Dayumm...at that price it's tempting!

I will check out the demo, but for those doing rock...did you get the LXP and miss the features in PCM? Or is LXP "good enough"?
Old 19th December 2010
Gear Addict

Don't forget to email Tony at plugindiscounts about the sale. He carries this too.
Old 19th December 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmontano View Post
Don't forget to email Tony at plugindiscounts about the sale. He carries this too.
Yeah tony's got a nice deal on it too, i bought it off him this morning
Old 19th December 2010
Lives for gear

This is interfering with my kids Xmas presents.
hmmm
rsp
Old 19th December 2010
Here for the gear

You can always record your kids singing a Christmas song and use the new reverb!
Old 19th December 2010
Lives for gear

lol... hmmm I like how you think :-)
rsp
Old 19th December 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcoosticZoo View Post
What's the chances of Lexicon PCM Native having $400 off next weekend just b4 christmas?heh

The LXP bundles doesn't have tail width control - why did they deliberately limit the controls?

LXP vs PCM features:-
LXP Native Reverb Plug-in Bundle & PCM Native Reverb Plug-in Bundle Comparison | Lexicon Pro

Regards
Josef Horhay
Mixing Engineer
www.acoosticzoo.com
Because its not the PCM. They need a cut down version and it makes sense. A lot of people don't use it much.

Still love the sound of it to bits!
Old 19th December 2010
It bewilders me that developers are releasing AUs versions for the Mac that are not 64 bit when there are already 2 64 bit hosts for the Mac. It is a dealbreaker for me and what I can recommend to my Logic clients.
Old 19th December 2010
Lives for gear

Ah Bought it... thanks Tony.....It is amazing with software I can own gear close to what would have cost me so much more that I probably couldn't justify or afford in the hardware only days.

Probably not a fair comparison, but I A/B/C ed it with the Relab and the new cousin reverb that costs $99 that was recently released from another company.... Was hoping I would at least like the $99 one as much.. no such luck for me...Compared to the Relab, this felt 1) more like a finished product, with a GUI I better understood without reading anything, more presets to start from, not to mention the first time I used the Relab, I had to force quite Nuendo.... The Relab did sound a bit lusher, but I was able to dial in with the fairly obviously Lexicon parameters a sound that made me smile....and I still dont' understand 50% of the Relab parameters which for me, speed is very important.
thanks for doing this Lexicon.. Back in my hardware only days, two of my three main reverb units were lexicons and I had missed the sound when I switched to software.....
rsp
Old 20th December 2010
Here for the gear

I pulled the LXP trigger!thumbsup
Old 20th December 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by osroubek View Post
I pulled the LXP trigger!thumbsup
Hard not to. It does sound really good.
Old 20th December 2010
Lives for gear

that it does. and the GUI is excellent and easy to tweak and manipulate.
rsp
Old 20th December 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by zvenx View Post
Ah Bought it... thanks Tony.....
Old 20th December 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyBelmont

Hey Tony I bought it Sunday morning Sydney time I should have my serial Tuesday yeah?
Old 20th December 2010
Gear Maniac

Talking me too in with tony....

waitin for the code
Old 20th December 2010

We will be sending all remaining licenses tomorrow (Monday).
Old 20th December 2010
Gear Addict

+1 on Tony - waiting for the code too. Thanks sir!
Old 20th December 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by rushton View Post
Hey Tony I bought it Sunday morning Sydney time I should have my serial Tuesday yeah?
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmontano View Post
+1 on Tony - waiting for the code too. Thanks sir!
I'm pretty sure you both should have already received the codes. Please check your inbox/ spam folders.
Old 20th December 2010
Gear Addict

wasn't in spam, but just got it now. all installed and up and running.
thanks sir.

do you have a monthly or weekly email about special deals? I find like I stumble upon them by accident most of the time.
Old 20th December 2010
Lives for gear

[QUOTE=gmontano;6130556]wasn't in spam, but just got it now. all installed and up and running.
thanks sir.

Ditto, Tony your a gent. Thanks again.
Old 20th December 2010
Lives for gear

still waiting on mine.
hopefully it will come soon.
how does it work an email with an activation code or is it directly deposited into your ilok account?
rsp
Old 20th December 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by zvenx View Post
still waiting on mine.
hopefully it will come soon.
how does it work an email with an activation code or is it directly deposited into your ilok account?
rsp
email with activation code

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search