The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Lexicon LXP Native Bundle on sale! Reverb & Delay Plugins
Old 23rd December 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by zambianastronaut View Post
Interesting post this,

Im currently in the market for some sort of Reverb Plugin and I seem to have just missed the boat on the Lexicon bundle.

After reading recent post's I'm now genuinely scared to download the trial of the PCM as when I hear something I want, ill do whatever it takes to get it and I don't want any blood spilled for Xmas.

Sonnox, LXP Native Pack or MX 400 hardware?

Im using Logic Studio 9 and its Space Designer currently.
I dont have the MX400, but ive got sonnox, LXP, Csr and SD and I like the LXP best.....but its also the newest and shineyest heh
Old 21st January 2011
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashermusic View Post
So I guess I am the only one who is disappointed that developers are still releasing plugins for AU on the Mac that are not 64 bit?
No, you're not!

I'm frankly amazed that ANY new plugz for the Mac are coming out 32 bit only - what is the point? I'm using Logic solely in 64-bit mode (have been for ages) and the 64 bit native thing is now a very important consideration when deciding which plugz to buy. I always contact the companies before buying, to find out what their stance is on 64 bit.

However, it's good ol' PACE (iLok) that are holding some companies back - they STILL don't have their 64 bit protection sorted out!!
Relab, for example ALREADY have a 64-bit build waiting to go, but it's sitting around growing a beard while PACE snail along with their own "schedule"...

Anyway, I guess it's about starting a new thread on that topic?

Demoing the LXP now - sounds pretty good - maybe not as smooth/rich as the Relab, but on first inspection looks like great value for money...

More testing required...
Old 8th February 2011
TNM
Lives for gear
so pace are putting a gun to people's head to use their "protection"?

Frankly, i blame the devs for choosing the ilok route rather than a simple serial to begin with.
Old 8th February 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNM View Post
so pace are putting a gun to people's head to use their "protection"?

Frankly, i blame the devs for choosing the ilok route rather than a simple serial to begin with.
Ahhh. Ilok debates. Surely the cows are their way home now.
Old 12th February 2011
Gear Nut

its on sale again - 399usd :

audioMIDI eNews - audiomidienews - Lexicon LXP Native Reverb Bundle Giant Price Cut- Just*$399

I have the Relab lx480 lite, and i want one more reverb plugin.
- but im not sure which one to get - .

This Lexicon LXP bundle or the Softube TSAR ?? - which do you like best ?
(damit.. my demo is expired for them both.)
Old 12th February 2011
Lives for gear

I think that's just the new price.

Several places have it for $400.
Old 12th February 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by jumper24 View Post
its on sale again - 399usd :

audioMIDI eNews - audiomidienews - Lexicon LXP Native Reverb Bundle Giant Price Cut- Just*$399

I have the Relab lx480 lite, and i want one more reverb plugin.
- but im not sure which one to get - .

(damit.. my demo is expired for them both.)

I demoed the TSAR and liked it a lot. However, I ended up with the LXP in conjunction with the Relab. It just worked better for me. I think I finally have a good complement of reverbs that sound right to me. I'm not even sure I'll go for the full LX480, I'll have to see. As it is, it's very flexible and gets a lot of great sounds for what. Maybe if I get a couple more record project that will pay for it after getting rid of some more debt, I'll go for the full version. Hard to go wrong with any of them!
Old 15th February 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coyoteous View Post
I think that's just the new price.

Several places have it for $400.
Yes, that's the new price... and some places have it for a little less, too.
Old 15th February 2011
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyBelmont View Post
Yes, that's the new price... and some places have it for a little less, too.
That's good to hear. I always said they were smoking crack on that initial price since it was too close to the PCM bundle basically you mine as well just save a little more get the full deal.
Old 19th February 2011
Gear Addict

Quote:
Personally, I went with TSAR. Both sound really great, but TSAR is soooooo easy to dial in, and really does play nicely with tracks. You don't feel that you're adding another flavor on top of your tracks, but creating space within them... which is what we're after, correct? heh
Old 19th February 2011
Lives for gear

Yeah, there are several good reverb plug-in options out there these days, and there's always "room" for more, in my opinion. Watch for Valhalla's upcoming plug-in. It's also nice that there price points from Shimmer to the big L e x i c o n b u n d l e, with others in between: Softube, LXP, Relab, SSL, ERS, UAD, etc.
Old 19th February 2011
Lives for gear

I saw the Lexicon/Altiverb bundle on ebay, I assumed that's pirated software? The PCM native alone is £900?
Old 20th February 2011
Lives for gear

How does this compare with Altiverb & Lexicon PCM Native? Thanks for your advice.
Old 20th February 2011
Lives for gear

That was courtesy of skamlinks, now busted with some spaces, don't know if it was legit or not.
Old 20th February 2011
TNM
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbongo View Post
I saw the Lexicon/Altiverb bundle on ebay, I assumed that's pirated software? The PCM native alone is £900?

that's dutchmuzik and totally legit.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search