The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Lexicon LXP Native Bundle on sale! Reverb & Delay Plugins
Old 20th December 2010
Lives for gear

ok thanks.
been checking my spam folder too. nada.
rsp
Old 20th December 2010
Lives for gear

Lexicon LXP Native Bundle on sale!

Took a day and a half to get to me. Sunday morning to Monday afternoon
Old 20th December 2010
Lives for gear

plus it was the weekend :-)
I am sure he will get it to me today.
rsp
Old 21st December 2010
Lives for gear

Had a good little play around tonight and I really like these verbs, especially the chamber.
Has anyone released some good presets for them?
Old 21st December 2010
Lives for gear

I wasn't able to make the cut off and get the deal pricing, I just don't have the funds now with three ids and christmas.
That said - I am demoing this now so I will have it for 14 days or so. Wow.

These verbs some of the best I have ever heard. I owned an LXP 15 way way bac in the day. This easily bests it. Come to think of it, this gives my Aliverb a run for it's money. The integration / ergonomics with the Euphonix units are first rate. That aside, it's the sound. These are lushous, beautiful sounding reverbs, with wonderfu tails and vitually no artifacts. Was deceiving at first - the GUI maes them look limited / primative. Anything but. Next I'll go demo the PCM and probably fall in love with that too.
cdlt
Old 21st December 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melgueil View Post
I wasn't able to make the cut off and get the deal pricing, I just don't have the funds now with three ids and christmas.
That said - I am demoing this now so I will have it for 14 days or so. Wow.

These verbs some of the best I have ever heard. I owned an LXP 15 way way bac in the day. This easily bests it. Come to think of it, this gives my Aliverb a run for it's money. The integration / ergonomics with the Euphonix units are first rate. That aside, it's the sound. These are lushous, beautiful sounding reverbs, with wonderfu tails and vitually no artifacts. Was deceiving at first - the GUI maes them look limited / primative. Anything but. Next I'll go demo the PCM and probably fall in love with that too.
cdlt
One word of warning. DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES DEMO THE PCM NATIVE.

You will love it. Absolutely love it.

By the sounds of it you like the lexicon sound, so this will undoubtably be the one for you. I've bought it (and now suffering for it) and absolutely adore it!
Old 21st December 2010
Lives for gear

You do sound you are really suffering there :-)

Yeah, I'm afraid alright ....that's the risk - you fall in love with the thing and then it's no longer a demo.
cdlt
Old 21st December 2010
Lives for gear

I don't ever demo software that I can't afford or justify........
you become hooked and find all kinds of justification to use money designated for a different purpose :-)
rsp
Old 21st December 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melgueil View Post
You do sound you are really suffering there :-)

Yeah, I'm afraid alright ....that's the risk - you fall in love with the thing and then it's no longer a demo.
cdlt
You have no idea.... But god it's worth it. (For me anyway, I have no dependants so no guilt here. )
Old 21st December 2010
Gear Addict

Good kit is like crack to slutz like us. Once you've tried it you've gotta have it again and again. Just say NO!

... or maybe someday...
Old 22nd December 2010
Gear Nut

Just demo'ed the PCM Bundle today. Threw the vintage plate on a snare. No tweaking, sounded amazing right off the bat. The plug-in 'verb for which I've been searching for years. I must own this thing. Now.

The question is this: after working with the PCM Bundle, will I be able to live with the LXP for the time being? It's the same flavor juice, just less of it, correct?

Opinions? Help!
Old 22nd December 2010
Lives for gear

Lexicon LXP Native Bundle on sale!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lardroom
Just demo'ed the PCM Bundle today. Threw the vintage plate on a snare. No tweaking, sounded amazing right off the bat. The plug-in 'verb for which I've been searching for years. I must own this thing. Now.

The question is this: after working with the PCM Bundle, will I be able to live with the LXP for the time being? It's the same flavor juice, just less of it, correct?

Opinions? Help!
I think Vintage plate is only in the PCM native bundle. That's a really great algorithm. The standard plate one (which I think is in the lxp bundle) is great too but different.
Old 22nd December 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by thermos View Post
I think Vintage plate is only in the PCM native bundle. That's a really great algorithm.
You are correct.
Old 22nd December 2010
Lives for gear

. I did warn you. The magic thing that does. Wow.

Personally, if you like convolution, than this isn't for you, but try tweaking it, it goes from ambient space to outer space and everything in-between.

Worth every one of my hard earned pennies...
Old 22nd December 2010
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by zvenx View Post
Ah Bought it... thanks Tony.....It is amazing with software I can own gear close to what would have cost me so much more that I probably couldn't justify or afford in the hardware only days.

Probably not a fair comparison, but I A/B/C ed it with the Relab and the new cousin reverb that costs $99 that was recently released from another company.... Was hoping I would at least like the $99 one as much.. no such luck for me...Compared to the Relab, this felt 1) more like a finished product, with a GUI I better understood without reading anything, more presets to start from, not to mention the first time I used the Relab, I had to force quite Nuendo.... The Relab did sound a bit lusher, but I was able to dial in with the fairly obviously Lexicon parameters a sound that made me smile....and I still dont' understand 50% of the Relab parameters which for me, speed is very important.
thanks for doing this Lexicon.. Back in my hardware only days, two of my three main reverb units were lexicons and I had missed the sound when I switched to software.....
rsp
Just get em all! Solves the problem for me and I don't lose sleep I night.

heh
Old 22nd December 2010
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by api2500 View Post
. I did warn you. The magic thing that does. Wow.

Personally, if you like convolution, than this isn't for you, but try tweaking it, it goes from ambient space to outer space and everything in-between.

Worth every one of my hard earned pennies...
You did indeed. I just couldn't stay away. I'm going to play with the LXP demo tonight and see what's what. I don't have a decent algorithmic verb in my collection (unless you count DVerb, which does have it's uses, but primary verb isn't a detail it's cut out for), and since I'm completely ITB, I've come to realize that it's a critical hole in my tool box.

I haven't really found any opinions (opinions, mind you, not just feature comparisons) on the LXP bundle vs. the PCM, and I suppose that's what I'm looking for.

The PCM bundle though...Mother of God. Pretty incredible.
Old 22nd December 2010
Lives for gear

Funny someone mentioned that "Lexicon" sound. I have Altiverb (as well as Space Designer with Logic). These are great reverbs, no question, but something about the LXP Bundle when I threw it on a track, it sort of felt like "yeah - that's what I've been missing - sort of back home if you will.

A lot of this comes down to what we are used to or what we've used in the past and grown to like. As compared to other algorythm reverbs (Logic plugs, Sony Oxford, Metric Halo Halo Verb) - like the LXP much better. Run a track, suddenly hit stop and just let those tails gracefully fade. Wow. Smooth and maintains integrity all the way to silence. Damn I just run the drum bus and listen to what it does on a Latin percussion track. Lightweight ? Yup, no CPU hit at all (unlike the convolution verbs that eat CPU). I could see either one of these being my one and only go to verb, easily all I would ever need. I'm not sure paying a premium for this kind of quality is overpriced.
Cdlt
Old 22nd December 2010
Lives for gear

I hope Lexicon see this page. This just proves how much of a single effect can make on its customers.

The LXP sounds really rather good, the only difference is the Algos I think. Although it wasn't my studio, you can still hear that magic smoothness that lexicon conjures.
Old 22nd December 2010
Here for the gear

I'm newer than most here, but just after a few days of playing around with the LXP reverb I notice something I never did before with other reverb plugins. As soon as I assign an LXP sound to let's say electric guitar, I suddenly hear a much fuller, less harsh sound compared to the bypassed sound. My recordings always seemed to lack a fullness sound and feeling. Of course this is just using the presets and I'm sure so much more personalization is to come, but even using minimum effect gives the instrument or whatever a nice richness, for lack of better terms. I hope this is what I was missing all along, since its easy to keep chasing after the holy grail of whatever you think you need next. I would think, besides many of the other components available to us in the recording world, that reverb is an essential part of the sound since we hear things in some kind of space, be it small or large, and not in an anechoic chamber.
Old 22nd December 2010
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by osroubek View Post
Did not care for the Sonnox."
Why?? The sonnox reverb is on of the most flexible imho... plus its sounds real good if used suitable.
Old 22nd December 2010
So I guess I am the only one who is disappointed that developers are still releasing plugins for AU on the Mac that are not 64 bit?
Old 22nd December 2010
Lives for gear

sorry Jay, apparently :(.
rsp
Old 22nd December 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by laboso View Post
Why?? The sonnox reverb is on of the most flexible imho... plus its sounds real good if used suitable.
I would agree - I did like the sound of the Sonnox, very much as a matter of fact. It has it's place. I'd give it a solid runner up. Now.....I have not demo'd the PCM yet .....that will be next. Kicking myself for being late on the LXP promo :-(
cdlt
Old 22nd December 2010
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashermusic View Post
So I guess I am the only one who is disappointed that developers are still releasing plugins for AU on the Mac that are not 64 bit?
Wasn't developers' fault. THere wasn't 64bit ilok.
Old 22nd December 2010

Quote:
We all are a little bit. But, we probably won't be seeing any new 64 bit updates from anyone for the foreseeable future.
Old 23rd December 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
yeah sorry. Still on 32 bit at the moment. From what I've gathered, its mainly the hobbyists, slutz and the composers who have made the switch (no?), the hardcore studio work still works in 32 bit (Pro Tools 7 shock horror!).

Meh. Still sounds freaking amazing...
Old 23rd December 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyBelmont View Post
We all are a little bit. But, we probably won't be seeing any new 64 bit updates from anyone for the foreseeable future.
Well Doug Rogers has stated publicly that East West's Play , which uses iLok, will probably be1st quarter 2011.
Old 23rd December 2010

Quote:
Well Doug Rogers has stated publicly that East West's Play , which uses iLok, will probably be1st quarter 2011.
iLok1 or iLok2?

A "probably" is not something I would guarantee on....
Old 23rd December 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyBelmont View Post
iLok1 or iLok2?

A "probably" is not something I would guarantee on....
Correct and he didn't but just the fact that he said it means that he thinks it is getting closer for them and so your not "anytime soon" statement may not be accurate for everyone, depending on what your definition of "soon" is.

Not being critical T, just sayin'.
Old 23rd December 2010
Here for the gear

Interesting post this,

Im currently in the market for some sort of Reverb Plugin and I seem to have just missed the boat on the Lexicon bundle.

After reading recent post's I'm now genuinely scared to download the trial of the PCM as when I hear something I want, ill do whatever it takes to get it and I don't want any blood spilled for Xmas.

Sonnox, LXP Native Pack or MX 400 hardware?

Im using Logic Studio 9 and its Space Designer currently.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search