The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Why do I have to keep entering my serial??! Virtual Instrument Plugins
Old 17th December 2010
Gear Head

Why do I have to keep entering my serial??!

I'm hoping someone out there has had the same problem and can offer some advice.

I just switched DAWs, upgraded a bit. I got all my samples and plugs in and was happy...for a day. Now, just about every time I boot my new 27" iMac up, I have to enter some kind of serial number. The three worst offenders are Logic, Omnisphere and EZDrummer. None of my NI stuff asks for anything. I'll go through the insane process of entering everything when I boot up, shut down, and then when I get back to it, I have to enter again. It's like a kick in the balls every time!

I tried someone's advice from a search where I delete a couple of files and then re-register. That didn't work.
Any help is greatly appreciated.
Old 17th December 2010
Here for the gear

Super obvious suggestion that you probably already know, but if you don't have an internet connection it may make you re-type the serial number.
Old 17th December 2010
Lives for gear

when logic asks me for my serial again i just press quit and it works the next try
Old 17th December 2010
Gear Maniac

Check out the Spectrasonics support page. I remember that issue being answered in one of their FAQ's.
Old 18th December 2010
Lives for gear

There's also another thread around here about EZD doing that to some people. It's a result of EZD being tied to your NIC settings. I've never heard of anyone on a Mac who was affected by this, though. I believe a solution is to authorize your computer for two states: one with Airport ON, and one with Airport OFF. Toontrack is uber-cool about authorizations, so I wouldn't worry about using them up.

For more details, though, go to the Toontrack forums. Very active support over there.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search