The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Questions, Questions...answers please :) Condenser Microphones
Old 16th December 2010
Here for the gear

Thumbs up Questions, Questions...answers please :)

I got my myself a "Oxygen 49 + Mbox mini black + pro tools 8 le"

I will choose for the Rode Nt1a, best for vocals (most of peoples said)

1st: I just wanted to ask, do i need a PRE AMP with the MBOX to make sound better ? I dont use any instruments (guitar, drums, ..) i make beats myself & sing on them. Do i still need a PRE AMP ?? issit for instruments or vocals ?

2nd : My "Oxygen 49" is not working on PRO TOOLS, i tried it on SONAR program & there it works... Help please

3rd : And btw, do i still need anything else now to get a better vocal quality or sound quality ?? or is this enough as "SEMI PRO" ?

thanks allot !!
Old 17th December 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by saskesan View Post
1st: I just wanted to ask, do i need a PRE AMP with the MBOX to make sound better ? I dont use any instruments (guitar, drums, ..) i make beats myself & sing on them. Do i still need a PRE AMP ?? issit for instruments or vocals ?
You don't HAVE to get a Pre Amp, no. The MBOX has built-in pres. I did a lot of work at a studio and the engineer recommended that I buy an external pre. He could tell the difference. I started with a UA 610 and now I've added a Neve Portico. It really does help.

Quote:
2nd : My "Oxygen 49" is not working on PRO TOOLS, i tried it on SONAR program & there it works... Help please
What exactly do you want the Oxygen 49 to do with Pro Tools? Which version of Pro Tools do you have?

Quote:
3rd : And btw, do i still need anything else now to get a better vocal quality or sound quality ?? or is this enough as "SEMI PRO" ?
Sounds like you are off to a good start. The Rode mic is fine as a starter. There are a few mics in that budget range that are good. Later, you can move on to a fancier condenser, but you can make great music with a Rode. It's all about the song and performance.
Old 17th December 2010
Lives for gear

i'm thinking of taking a chance with this one

Golden Age Pre73 Mic Preamp at zZounds

its mighty cheap, but i hear it sounds pretty good.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search