The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Output Volume Issues With Fast Track Pro and Toneport UX2 Audio Interfaces
Old 16th December 2010
Here for the gear

Output Volume Issues With Fast Track Pro and Toneport UX2

I use a PC to record in Reaper. I use either a Line 6 Toneport UX2 or an M-Audio Fast Track Pro. I've been getting strange volume issues on both lately.

With the Toneport, the volume is too low. I plug in my guitar, open the POD Farm software, open Reaper, and arm a track. I get sound, but it is very quiet, and the waveform i've recorded is very thin.

With the FTP, the problem is the opposite...everything is too loud. Even if i run the signal clean with no amp modeling, the waveform is huge and the sound is really crackly and distorted.

I've tried raising and lowering all available knobs and controls on both interfaces. All i can seem to do is make the monitor volume quiet, not the actual signal. I realize that i can turn down the volume knob on my guitar, but that kills some of the tone, and i've never had to do that before to get a passable signal with any interface.

Any ideas?
Old 30th December 2010
Here for the gear

Open up POD Farm and go to the amp head that you are using. turn the volume up to like 80-100% depending how loud you want it. I had the same problem and it helped me.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search