The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
How Do I Make My Audio Interface The Laptop Output? [w/PICS] Audio Interfaces
Old 15th December 2010
Gear Nut

How Do I Make My Audio Interface The Laptop Output? [w/PICS]

Ok, so for a while now I have been having issues getting my laptop to work with my external audio interface (its a Edirol UA-25)

These problems remain but in this thread I am trying to work out how to be able to listen to my laptop output through my audio interface.

It is connected via USB and if I plug my headphones into the phones port I can hear audio input but only output via cubase when I change the audio device to the UA-25.

However, I cant hear any sounds that I play on my desktop, the internet, itunes etc etc as they still come through the laptop speakers.

I bought a mini jack to phono lead and connected it to the L & R outputs of the UA-25 but still cant hear anything other than cubase.

Here is what I get when I open sounds and audio devices via control panel: Picture Link

Is there a way to change the speakers to the UA-25? Also why is there a phone symbol next to the UA-25? Is that affecting anything?

Appreciate any help,

LDn2

PS. Had to link to the photobucket pic as inserting an image isnt working!
Old 16th December 2010
Gear Nut

anyone?
Old 16th December 2010
Lives for gear

What OS are you running?
Old 16th December 2010
Lives for gear

If you're vista/win7, then right click on windows volume icon and choose "Playback devices". Under that you'll see your different i/o. Right click on the output you want to be default and choose 'set as default device'. The phone icon represents 'set as default communications device' as this can be a separate setting (and it seems to have defaulted to that output.)
Old 16th December 2010
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by valis View Post
If you're vista/win7, then right click on windows volume icon and choose "Playback devices". Under that you'll see your different i/o. Right click on the output you want to be default and choose 'set as default device'. The phone icon represents 'set as default communications device' as this can be a separate setting (and it seems to have defaulted to that output.)
Thanks man, that worked!
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search