The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Help pro tools lost tracks!!!! DAW Software
Old 15th December 2010
Here for the gear

Help pro tools lost tracks!!!!

Hi, Just brought a session back, and opened it up and two songs have tracks missing! i don't mean the audio files I mean the actual tracks just aren't there. maybe 15 tracks missing, in both cases tracks from the bottom of the edit page. The same in all save as generations of which there are quite a few and the same in the session backups of which there are 20, so its not human error. Also I have the bounces taken just before the sessions were closed which have the missing parts on them. Anyone heard of this or have any suggestions? totally screwed. all the audio is still in the audio folder just no tracks.
This was tracked in pro tools 8, and I then opened it in 9 and then 7. Same thing.

********PISSBOLLOCKS!!!
Old 15th December 2010
Gear Head

That just happened to me the other day...they ended up getting saved in a completely different folder. Had you just filled/changed HD's?
Old 16th December 2010
Here for the gear

oh dear, im not very clever. just realised what i gone and done. Not used to non HD and didn't realise that after 128 tracks they just don't enter the session. so all i had to do was dump hidden inactive tracks and re-import tracks from the old session file, silly me.
Old 16th December 2010
Gear Head

Glad u found em!
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search