The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
The "today we build our studio pc" thread
Old 5th August 2020
Gear Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockthetop View Post
A lot of issue s are found on Steinberg Audio Interface Usb3 with X570 motherboard.as stated in Steinberg site..any body from this forum using X570 mobo with Steinberg Audio Interface ???
nope, but the USB chipset an all x570 boards are made by asmedia and some interfaces don't "like" them (e.g. RME), you could try an additional PCIe card with an alternative USB chipset, I used to work with a Fresco Logic one (btw for sale in the EU as I switched to Thunderbolt)
Old 5th August 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by markusschloesser View Post
nope, but the USB chipset an all x570 boards are made by asmedia and some interfaces don't "like" them (e.g. RME), you could try an additional PCIe card with an alternative USB chipset, I used to work with a Fresco Logic one (btw for sale in the EU as I switched to Thunderbolt)
Thanks for clearing up another AMD issue. I'm been wondering why some people even have problems with their USB audio interfaces on AMD systems.

Just for fun here is a guy that don't like AMD systems. In this case AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1950X and AMD Ryzen 5 3600:
Old 5th August 2020
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJHollins View Post
there are 2, 6-pin, Type 4 sockets still open. I also have a cable that has the 6-pin [type 4] connect on one end, and 4 SATA connects on the other end.
... Can this connection be used for this new addition Sata drive [4T - WD-Black]
That cable with the 4 SATA connects worries me. The SATA power cable pinout has a 3-pins for +5v, 3-pins for +12v, 6-pins for Common and sometimes the reserved pins have +3.3v put on them.

I think those modular 6-pin Type-4 sockets are +12v-only. A normal HDD requires +12v for the motor and +5v for the electronics. Most SSD's only use the +5v.

I think it's far better to simply use 15-pin SATA power splitters to pick off the needed power for the drive(s) you want to add. Although it might not be a pretty cable routing, it'll get the job done and won't load the power supply any more than coming directly off additional modular connections.
Old 5th August 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Its interesting you mention RME because the most recent scan tests use a babyface. They dont however specify if they used x570 boards or not.
Old 5th August 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by daskeladden View Post

Just for fun here is a guy that don't like AMD systems. In this case AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1950X and AMD Ryzen 5 3600:
Can you please start a seperate thread for your AMD bashing, its really getting obnoxious. Your not trying to help or solve anything, just looking to promote your opinion based agenda. Seriously man.

Here the 3600 demolishes the 9600k at the same price point, and is neck and neck with the 9700k for nearly half the cost.

http://www.scanproaudio.info/2019/07...-magic-number/

Here the tr1950x destroys all but the 7940x in pluggin count, for half the price. It lags behind the 8700k in vsti count at around the same price point.

http://www.scanproaudio.info/2018/05...the-testbench/

Considering the ryzens and tr are consistently ahead in video and multicore benchmarks too, im not sure why you'd bother with a 3hr hate vid.

Not to mention that your on a 6700k which wouldn't beat these chips at anything but maybe gaming...

Let's stick to facts and data, not cheerleading for the brand we bought.

Last edited by Kyle P. Gushue; 5th August 2020 at 05:11 PM..
Old 5th August 2020
Lives for gear

I'm thinking this next AMD release will be good. I'm all Xeon ATM; If i ever need to upgrade (which I haven't needed much these days, and both my 8 and 10 core systems have been fine) I'll most likely go AMD. By the time I need it; i think the small kinks will be worked out.

Also it would be cool to go back to AMD, last AMD I built was 2009 when The Phenom II was still an ok CPU.

Last edited by juiseman; 5th August 2020 at 05:01 PM.. Reason: added
Old 5th August 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle P. Gushue View Post
Can you please start a seperate thread for your AMD bashing, its really getting obnoxious. Your not trying to help or solve anything, just looking to promote your opinion based agenda. Seriously man.
I'm not bashing AMD at all just point out the facts (as you also should do). Deal with it AMD fanboy! Stop this stupid Intel is the devil and AMD is the good guys nonsense. When I say what I'm going to build it's like GO AMD GO AMD AMD rules, and when I trying to point out why I'm not going AMD yet I'm a ****ing AMD basher. This thread is about building pc's and pointing people in the right direction of what works and what does not work. Seem like you don't understand that. Seems like you trying to hide obvious flaws with the AMD system proven on "many" audio production builds. Which makes absolutely no sense at all in this thread.
Old 5th August 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
I'm not bashing AMD at all just point out the facts (as you also should do). Deal with it AMD fanboy! Stop this stupid Intel is the devil and AMD is the good guys nonsense.

Are you serious? You posted a 3 hour vid, saying 'just for fun here's a guy who hates AMD'. Whos painting what as the devil?

Your the cheerleader, i use both.

Again you use no data. Just opinion. Nor are you trying to help. Since AMD x570 works fine with some USB devices, its a driver issue for the interface most likely. Instead of bashing AMD helping would be to identify the interfaces that have issues.

Instead you use blanket "some users have issues" which is not helpful.

WHERE ARE YOUR FACTS???

Here the 3600 demolishes the 9600k at the same price point, and is neck and neck with the 9700k for nearly half the cost.

http://www.scanproaudio.info/2019/07...-magic-number/

Here the tr1950x destroys all but the 7940x in pluggin count, for half the price. It lags behind the 8700k in vsti count at around the same price point.

http://www.scanproaudio.info/2018/05...the-testbench/

Considering the ryzens and tr are consistently ahead in video and multicore benchmarks too, im not sure why you'd bother with a 3hr hate vid.

Not to mention that your on a 6700k which wouldn't beat these chips at anything but maybe gaming...

your favorite brand can't outperform AMD at comparable price points, and rather than accept it you make blanket, unsubstantiated claims about amd.

Let's stick to facts and data, not cheerleading for the brand we bought.

Ive literally never told YOU to go AMD instead of intel. Nor have i posted a vid of "some guy who hates intel".

Im not interested in covering flaws. Im interested i solving them. Thats where we differ. You point them out, but contribute nothing to help find the root cause. example: we could list out known incompatible interfaces so users could avoid the combo, and manufacruers can be made aware.

My interest is in helping people on a case by case basis get the best fit for THEM. Individually. Ive suggested both intel and amd. I USE BOTH!! You don't.

Last edited by Kyle P. Gushue; 5th August 2020 at 05:33 PM..
Old 5th August 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:

Actually it would. That exactly my point. I use thunderbolt do you get it? I rather have my old "crappy" system than a new AMD system where thunderbolt is an issue. And thunderbolt on AMD has proven to be an issue with Presonus Quantum. Here is one example:
CPU spike when moving mouse in Ableton
By the way I'm in the process of buying a new system that will pretty much be up to pair with any AMD system on ultra low RTL latency. By the way I'm not gonna use this thread to argue with you so this is the last comment on this stupid topic with you.
Old 5th August 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Actually it would. That exactly my point. I use thunderbolt do you get it? I rather have my old "crappy" system than a new AMD system where thunderbolt is an issue. And thunderbolt on AMD has proven to be an issue with Presonus Quantum.
By the way I'm in the process of buying a new system that will pretty much be up to pair with any AMD system on ultra low RTL latency. By the way I'm not gonna use this thread to argue with you so this is the last comment on this stupid topic with you.

Lol, please show some tests where the 6700k is beating tr1950x, or r3600x. Guarenteed they are single thread or gaming based, if the 6700k can even pull ahead.

If the quantum and amd is an issue, thats useful to know for others using that particular combo. Other users have great performance with TB and AMD. Its not even clear where your drawing this quantum doesn't work with amd conclusion from. This is what im saying. Is it all quantum amd combos? Certain mobos? Certain bios? Have two users with the same setups had the same issue? Im not saying its not an issue, im saying what exactly is the issue. And is it a repeatable issue. ie science or anomaly.

This is my point. Its critical to isolate the specific flaws because they are not blanket problems. Someone with a Quantum might see the ufx+ users computer setup and buy it, not knowing there's a Quantum issue. Or vice versa. Someone might sacrifice video performance or money, because they saw a Quantum issue, but their TB3 interface would have no problems.

It would be far easier if it was a blanket flaw, and anyone using tb would automatically go intel. Its not that cut and dry.

Quote:
Maybe the guys who don't actually have an amd with thunderbolt, could stop the bs.
I work daily on a 3950x with the X570 creator and a rme ufx+ via thunderbolt at 64/44.1. If you wanna know details (also about the ram issues I had), search for my posts here or in the amd thread.
This is all im getting at. There is nuance to these things. It is important to not just blanketly say one thing or the other, or create consensus like "most people, some people, ect" when trying to prove a point. Some sort of data would be needed. Like a user database of ryzen users with issues ect.

Typical to audio, there is no singular correct answer for each case. This is my issue with some of the things you say. You usually don't point to data, and will often point out amd flaws whether relavant to the individual or not. Not everyone cares about tb3. There are cases where amd is a better fit, and intel is a better fit. You residing on one side only is not wholly beneficial. Neither are 3 hour hate vids.

I never called your system crappy. My point was you posted a hate vid on chips that outperform your own. It makes no sense. Skylake has remained surprisingly relavant considering history has often made big leaps in 1 or two generations and turned out to be a smart buy. Two of my PCs have a skylake in it...
Old 5th August 2020
Lives for gear

I found out that my Corsair Carbide 330R Blackout case is too small for the Noctua NH-D15S CPU cooler. It demands 16.5 cm hight and the case can only have cooler at maximum 16 cm.
So I did a little research and to my surprise the Noctua NH-U12A CPU seems to be up to pair with the Noctua NH-D15S.
The Noctua NH-U12A is 15.8 cm so it will just fit in my case. Anybody knows if the Noctua NH-U12A can handle Intel Core i9-10900K with a light overclocking?

Please no guessing I will not buy a liquid cooler I rather change the pc cabinet. I mean if the new Noctua NH-U12A is up to pair with Noctua NH-D15S why wouldn't it work?
This whole test of Intel Core i9-10900K is done with the Noctua NH-U12A:
https://thinkcomputers.org/intel-cor...cessor-review/
Old 5th August 2020
Lives for gear

Hey Kyle,

I'll not jump into this debate - just wanted you to know that the video posted about the individual not "liking AMD" actually addresses your notes about benchmarks. It supports your conclusions about benchmarks but explores other, mainly BIOS and RAM compatibility, issues. It is also worth noting that he is working hard to make two AMD machines work without these wonky happenstances. Thus the video (although stupidly long) actually is relevant in this discussion for folks thinking about which way to go on a DAW build.

I am on my third AMD machine - and I hate the way Intel does business - so I'll continue to support AMD in the future as well. That said, there are BIOS compatibility/RAM compatibility/etc. issues that do seem to be a bit more prevalent on the AMD side of the equation - at times requiring multiple starts and weird starting "routines" for everything to play nicely together in the case of some builds. This is, in all probability, Intel's fault (just guessing) in the end due to licensing/manufacturer information/etc. A simple google search will confirm this across any number of user profiles (music/gaming/production/etc.). This has certainly come to a head with respect to Thunderbolt compatibility/licensing/etc. Again, Intel's fault. That said, were I to have to start up a high-volume recording studio (vice mixing) specializing in in-person session work, I would have to at least consider Intel as the primary "record to tape" machine for the moment. There just are very few reports of Intel builds having to do octaflugerons (technical term ) to get RAM/BIOS/Thunderbolt/etc. playing nicely together.

Again, I have no skin in this debate - and I can see your point. I can also see the point of the guy in the video who has, after all, put his money where his mouth is and spent thousands trying to get two well-spec'd AMD builds to work.
Old 5th August 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicenzajay View Post
Hey Kyle,

I'll not jump into this debate - just wanted you to know that the video posted about the individual not "liking AMD" actually addresses your notes about benchmarks. It supports your conclusions about benchmarks but explores other, mainly BIOS and RAM compatibility, issues. It is also worth noting that he is working hard to make two AMD machines work without these wonky happenstances. Thus the video (although stupidly long) actually is relevant in this discussion for folks thinking about which way to go on a DAW build.

I am on my third AMD machine - and I hate the way Intel does business - so I'll continue to support AMD in the future as well. That said, there are BIOS compatibility/RAM compatibility/etc. issues that do seem to be a bit more prevalent on the AMD side of the equation - at times requiring multiple starts and weird starting "routines" for everything to play nicely together in the case of some builds. This is, in all probability, Intel's fault (just guessing) in the end due to licensing/manufacturer information/etc. A simple google search will confirm this across any number of user profiles (music/gaming/production/etc.). This has certainly come to a head with respect to Thunderbolt compatibility/licensing/etc. Again, Intel's fault. That said, were I to have to start up a high-volume recording studio (vice mixing) specializing in in-person session work, I would have to at least consider Intel as the primary "record to tape" machine for the moment. There just are very few reports of Intel builds having to do octaflugerons (technical term ) to get RAM/BIOS/Thunderbolt/etc. playing nicely together.

Again, I have no skin in this debate - and I can see your point. I can also see the point of the guy in the video who has, after all, put his money where his mouth is and spent thousands trying to get two well-spec'd AMD builds to work.
That's reasonable. The part i saw was the host whining about cooler availability.

Dask presented the video as such:

"Just for fun here is a guy that don't like AMD systems. "

The RAM issue is a fair concern. Ive seen Paul's hardware do several ryzen builds with good ol' ripjaws v, and have no issues. There are corsair lpx users out there too. There is also ryzen approved stuff. Buildziod has used several brands in ryzen with no sweat. DAW pc makers have been using ryzen and tr since gen1. Not reaching full speed seems to be the issue i see turn up most often, subjectively speaking from about here and YouTube.

There is certainly issues, but AMD shouldn't get a blanket blame if some users have ram issues and others dont. Especially if its a ram not tested. Its important in science to isolate the variables. The ryzen tested ram can change the overall cost vs performance, depending on brand and speed.

There is no doubt intel has certain edges and places, so does amd. Hell windows or macOS ruined audio on the host machine before with an update.

If i were to build a machine for bigtime production downtime could cost way more than the system itself. And whether amd or intel, i would stick with a configuration tested and true. Either copying a commercial component list, or the scan test setups is a good start.

Does intel "seem" safer, especially with tb, to me, sure. But does it just seem that way, or is it actually? That's why i hang around, to learn what's true best i can.

Tb is a mess with PC. If TB is your main concern, Apple still rules the roost. Recently a pc laptop user (w10 thread on gs) re-installed w10, and lost use of TB. That's on a pro built store bought machine.

Ive had two cheap laptops from amd an a6 and ryzen 2gen quad core. Both worked fine. Not one issue with samplitude.

So my experience with doesn't mirror some of the other peoples wonky behaviour with custom builds. Which is my thesis lol. These builds are grey, and not black and white. So rather than attack a brand i try and dig deeper.

Each can have their opinion, but when presenting it as fact, then let facts speak for themselves. When the debate is factual, it becomes not a debate, just a discussion.

Cheers man!

Edit: years ago i spent hundreds of extra dollars and months on a digidesign "approved" accessories for my pc, which had an approved core 2 duo in it... The system never worked completely reliably with PT, yet fine with reaper and audition.

After this nightmare i learned to not generalize and jump to conclusions with computer hardware/software, since despite having all digi approved stuff, the techs were stumped. When using a setup that's not expilictly tested there is always risk.

Last edited by Kyle P. Gushue; 5th August 2020 at 07:00 PM..
Old 5th August 2020
Gear Guru

Quote:
Thanks for clearing up another AMD issue. I'm been wondering why some people even have problems with their USB audio interfaces on AMD systems.

"I've built 10's of thousands of computers in my 29 years"

Yeah, I'll definitely spend another 3hrs 30minutes on that guy.

Good to see someone's bias has cleared up though... But I can see how a 3-year old CPU is relevant today.
Old 5th August 2020
Gear Guru

Quote:
Are you serious? You posted a 3 hour vid, saying 'just for fun here's a guy who hates AMD'. Whos painting what as the devil?
You're talking to a guy who kept advocating Intel for DAW use not even knowing what DAWbench was. If you keep it up he'll put you on ignore.
Old 5th August 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattiasnyc View Post
You're talking to a guy who kept advocating Intel for DAW use not even knowing what DAWbench was. If you keep it up he'll put you on ignore.
Yeah that's always an option, so is broadening one's own perspective. I guess time will tell.
Old 6th August 2020
Here for the gear

Build for Audio & Video
CPU 10900k
MOBO Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
PSU 750Watt GOLD Corsair
Kraken x62 280mm
RAm Corsair Vengence LPX 16 x4 3200Mhz
GPU RX5700XT Nitro +
HDD 4tb X2
Nvme M2 2280 Gigabyte 1tb x2
Steinberg URC44
1)CAn All my Nvme2 along with GPu and USB 3 be utlized at their full speed due to 16 PCIe lanes of CPU
2)Also for Hackintosh is 5700XT Nitro+ good choice mainly for video editing with GPU intensive Effects in FCPx and Da vinci Resolve.
Suggestion and Recommendation required....
Old 6th August 2020
Lives for gear

Does anyone know if the x570 asmedia usb chipset comes into play on the ports that feed the cpu directly? Or is it just the ports going thru the chipset?

ie could potential usb interface issues be solved just by using a different usb port?
Old 6th August 2020
Gear Addict
I'm done with dask, no need nor time for evangelizing.
FYI the newest SoundonSound has a (nuanced) special on that topic and talks about both issues and performance
Old 6th August 2020
Gear Addict
Quote:
Its interesting you mention RME because the most recent scan tests use a babyface. They dont however specify if they used x570 boards or not.
the issue (according to the RME forums) only comes up when using higher (20+) channel counts. I initially bought the USB fresco logic card when I still was on the z97a/4790 because even there performance was significantly better
Old 6th August 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by MediaGary View Post
That cable with the 4 SATA connects worries me. The SATA power cable pinout has a 3-pins for +5v, 3-pins for +12v, 6-pins for Common and sometimes the reserved pins have +3.3v put on them.

I think those modular 6-pin Type-4 sockets are +12v-only. A normal HDD requires +12v for the motor and +5v for the electronics. Most SSD's only use the +5v.

I think it's far better to simply use 15-pin SATA power splitters to pick off the needed power for the drive(s) you want to add. Although it might not be a pretty cable routing, it'll get the job done and won't load the power supply any more than coming directly off additional modular connections.
OK ... put in an order to NewEgg for:
Quote:
StarTech.com PYO2LSATA 6 in. Latching SATA Power Y Splitter Cable Adapter Male to Female
https://www.newegg.com/multi-color-s...82E16812400340

also ... called out to Corsair Support for any additional info.

I'll need more HD storage for all my Mastering work. The plan is to combine some of the smaller drives, by copying over to larger drive [4T +].

thanks
Old 6th August 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicstation.xs View Post
Build for Audio & Video
CPU 10900k
PSU 750Watt GOLD Corsair
Kraken x62 280mm
GPU RX5700XT Nitro +
HDD 4tb X2
Steinberg URC44
1)CAn All my Nvme2 along with GPu and USB 3 be utlized at their full speed due to 16 PCIe lanes of CPU
Look at page 7 of the manual
https://download.gigabyte.com/FileLi...n-d_1001_e.pdf

All SATA/USB/NVMe and Thunderbolt pass through the DMI, work yes...
But not at their full speed, the DMI is limited to 3.93 GB/s
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Direct_Media_Interface

If want to maximize the NVMe SSDs and alleviate the DMI , use
something like this in the slot PCIeX8
https://www.amazon.com/Ableconn-PEXM.../dp/B07PRN2QCV
This will make the PCIeX16 to be X8, but it is not a problem because
the performance hit for the GPU is small.

Quote:
2)Also for Hackintosh is 5700XT Nitro+ good choice mainly for video editing with GPU intensive Effects in FCPx and Da vinci Resolve.
I do not know anything about Hackintosh.
Old 6th August 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Build for Audio & Video
CPU 10900k
PSU 750Watt GOLD Corsair
Kraken x62 280mm
GPU RX5700XT Nitro +
HDD 4tb X2
Steinberg URC44
As to NVMe see what Pictus said also it will take away some of the sata ports:

I have heard that Sapphire Radeon VII 16GB HBM2 HDMI is good combination with Hackintosh. But get correct information on this on Hackintosh build forums.

Also be sure to use the Intel I225 Firmware Update Tool on the Gigabyte Z490 Vision D to get the 2.5GbE Lan working as it should

Two more people on my ignore list (Kyle P. Gushue and markusschloesser for AMD fanboyism). That makes it 3 all together, nice reading:
Old 6th August 2020
Here for the gear

I do not know anything about Hackintosh.[/QUOTE]

ok..Good Information..SO which Motherboard should you recommend for 10900k with the above configuration to work in full speed or shall i switch to 10900X?
Old 6th August 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockthetop View Post
A lot of issue s are found on Steinberg Audio Interface Usb3 with X570 motherboard.as stated in Steinberg site..any body from this forum using X570 mobo with Steinberg Audio Interface ???
I am :D I've got an AXR4U :D ASROCK TAICHI X570 with 3950X, 32 gigs 3600 DDR4

works perfectly. running large projects @64 sample buffers ,

Also this interface worked fine on my old machine with an ASMEDIA usb 3.1 pcie card.

The ONLY caveat is you need a good quality cable, I had issues at first and put it down to the things I'd read but once i'd got a decent cable all was well.

running great under windows 10 and OSX Mojave.

M
Old 6th August 2020
Here for the gear

@ Pictus ok..Good Information..SO which Motherboard should you recommend for 10900k with the above configuration to work in full speed or shall i switch to 10900X?
Old 6th August 2020
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by norbury brook View Post
I am :D I've got an AXR4U :D ASROCK TAICHI X570 with 3950X, 32 gigs 3600 DDR4

works perfectly. running large projects @64 sample buffers ,

Also this interface worked fine on my old machine with an ASMEDIA usb 3.1 pcie card.

The ONLY caveat is you need a good quality cable, I had issues at first and put it down to the things I'd read but once i'd got a decent cable all was well.

running great under windows 10 and OSX Mojave.

M
R u into video editing in Hackintosh? So whats GPU are u using for hackintossh?any luck on catalina?
Old 6th August 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
I found out that my Corsair Carbide 330R Blackout case is too small for the Noctua NH-D15S CPU cooler. It demands 16.5 cm hight and the case can only have cooler at maximum 16 cm.
So I did a little research and to my surprise the Noctua NH-U12A CPU seems to be up to pair with the Noctua NH-D15S.
The Noctua NH-U12A is 15.8 cm so it will just fit in my case. Anybody knows if the Noctua NH-U12A can handle Intel Core i9-10900K with a light overclocking?

Please no guessing I will not buy a liquid cooler I rather change the pc cabinet. I mean if the new Noctua NH-U12A is up to pair with Noctua NH-D15S why wouldn't it work?
This whole test of Intel Core i9-10900K is done with the Noctua NH-U12A:
https://thinkcomputers.org/intel-cor...cessor-review/
To answer my own question. If I can trust Noctua (which I do) it looks like Noctua NH-U12A is more than enough for the Intel Core i9-10900K:
Old 6th August 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
R u into video editing in Hackintosh? So whats GPU are u using for hackintossh?any luck on catalina?
I'm video editing in windows 10 with DaVinci Resolve. Using AMD RX580 . Not the best for video editing but i built the machine as a DAW mainly.

I haven't tried Catalina. The dual boot system just confirmed that my software (Cubendo) was better on windows 10 so I don't use OSX very much at all.

M
Old 6th August 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
FYI the newest SoundonSound has a (nuanced) special on that topic and talks about both issues and performance
Which topic amd or the asmedia usb concerns? SOS is a great resource.

Quote:
the issue (according to the RME forums) only comes up when using higher (20+) channel counts. I initially bought the USB fresco logic card when I still was on the z97a/4790 because even there performance was significantly better

Interesting all around. I know usb 2.0 interfaces struggled with 20 channel streams, i wonder if these issues are with the 3.x interfaces if RME has made any yet (im a bit behind on rme).

Its also interesting that performancw was better with thr pcie usb card. I wonder if it was because you bypassed the chipset on the z97 board.

Ive yet to see a direct test comparison on ports thru thr chipset vs direct to CPU, but ive been curious lately about performance and stability between the two.
📝 Reply