Old 28th February 2011
Gear Addict

Talking

This is a serious statement.
Old 28th February 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sptz View Post
What I mean with what I said is that most of the people that are literally bashing Slate don't even NEED the plugin as crucial element in their workflow... they just WANT it... and while this is a good plugin... come on... it's not a game changer at all, you can certainly live without it ITB as you have before.
So who would you say does NEED it?
Old 28th February 2011
Lives for gear
Yeah - I just want it...The beta is working great here, but that doesn't make me want all the new features any less...This thread is redefining the term "patience is a virtue"...and BTW - Slate should be VERY HAPPY that people want it so badly.
Old 28th February 2011
Slate Pro Audio / Slate Digital

Yes I'm really excited about the response to this plugin.. especially from people who have had such great things to say about the beta. The final version really takes it to the next level.

Speaking of which.. just so I continue to openly inform you all of our progress.. there are some minor bugs that have come from our private beta which we are fixing.. mainly a mixbuss cpu issue and a plugin loading time issue..

So overall, things are going well! thumbsup
Old 28th February 2011
Lives for gear

so I take it beta version is not available anymore?
Old 28th February 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnkenn View Post
Yeah - I just want it...The beta is working great here, but that doesn't make me want all the new features any less...This thread is redefining the term "patience is a virtue"...and BTW - Slate should be VERY HAPPY that people want it so badly.
Yeah... All antics aside, if you can correctly identify what product consumers want, and then provide a quality product, and make sure they know it exists, you'll probably do well. By all indications, Slate has done all of these things quite well and deserve the success they'll see.

The idea of what is appropriate behavior in a community such as GS - well, that is sort of a different question. The crux of it for me is that this is a forum where you have to read the threads before you can tell if the product is actually available or if it's just a teaser/pre-release hype. Seems like this thread rests right on that fault line, and has for an uncomfortably long time....

It's not that I hate having to read threads to get info, and I think it's a mischaracterization to say that folks are just whining out of a sense of entitlement. Rather, the way that it's currently set up and used (or abused) just makes it somewhat more difficult (and frustrating?) for small developers to get their plugins noticed when they release them, and for users to find available, quality tools. Isn't that why we come here? Why make it more difficult for the forum to do what it's supposed to do?
Old 28th February 2011
Lives for gear

hasn't been for a while.
Old 1st March 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sptz View Post
Offcourse it's good. I've got the beta as well. But this whole bitching is just ridiculous...
Agreed

Can I just defend Steve for a minute?

Look, I will admit its a bit absurd..all these delays. Its true..few companies do this.

However. Slate digital is new. They did not decide to come out with a Gate, or a Reverb, or another compressor like upteen companies have done.

They basically went for it all. Look at FG-X. I have heard more than a few big wigs rave about this thing. This idea of treating each transient different is just phenomenal. I think its obvious that Steve is anal retentive about making something that does not exist yet and designing what people really have been looking for. He is meticulous and has such crazy ears that he is not gonna release something until it blows him away..

Yes, the technical side is not yet top notch...but the sound is and functions are astounding. He didnt take the easy route. He's making stuff you have to have---unlike the usual plugins people put out..these are unique.

Im sure Slate digital has learned from this...but these aren't some run of the mill plugins.

PS..I dont wait for plugins. I dont drool over pending releases. I usually dont even buy the first releases--I wait until bugs are worked out. So many of you are suffering from self inflicted wounds. I want to try this thing out but I dont have slightest bit of anxiety about it--when its ready its ready--who they hell cares? People who display their anxieties, for all to see, about a freakin plugin, have already revealed what they are. Frankly..I would just sign up to gearslutz under a different name if I so disgraced myself.
Old 1st March 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolute View Post
People who display their anxieties, for all to see, about a freakin plugin, have already revealed what they are. Frankly..I would just sign up to gearslutz under a different name if I so disgraced myself.
Is this intended to be self-reflexive irony?
Old 1st March 2011

First and foremost, I appreciate the support and would like to say thanks to everyone.

But let it be known, that if I could have my way.. this thread would close. When the plugin is done, I would have liked to have made a new post informing you all of this. Due to the excitement of this plug.. this thread keeps going and the hype and craziness and anticipation keeps amplifying.. but in truth.. it's much to our dismay.

And a reminder..the reason we are where we are, is because we had to change the protection to an entirely new technology at the last minute. I'm not sure of any other company who has had to do this.

So, we're working around the clock to make this happen.. and when it does happen, I think it's gonna be very cool. And to top it all off.. the VCC is just the beginning of some amazing things to come. thumbsup
Old 1st March 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slate Press View Post
And to top it all off.. the VCC is just the beginning of some amazing things to come. thumbsup
care to share any HINTS or CLUES as to whats in the works next?
Old 1st March 2011
Lives for gear

Slate Digital VIRTUAL CONSOLE COLLECTION beta 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan k

care to share any HINTS or CLUES as to whats in the works next?
I'm not sure if I'm allowed to talk about it, but I heard they're working on a console emulation...

... Sorry, couldn't resist.

Seriously, though, looks like Steven and I are seeing more eye to eye by the day. Signing off, looking forward to the official launch thread
Old 1st March 2011
Here for the gear

Quote:
First and foremost, I appreciate the support and would like to say thanks to everyone.

But let it be known, that if I could have my way.. this thread would close. When the plugin is done, I would have liked to have made a new post informing you all of this. Due to the excitement of this plug.. this thread keeps going and the hype and craziness and anticipation keeps amplifying.. but in truth.. it's much to our dismay.
Sorry but this seems totally disengenuous to me. The amount of posts that have been reported and removed from this thread suggest that if you REALLY wanted it locked all you'd have to do is sent a request to the Mods and tell them, after all its your company right.
Prove me wrong and do just that and start a new one once this is out.
Old 1st March 2011

Hi Spencer. I don't run the forum, or make the rules, or have the ability to remove posts, or have any control over a thread closing. I have asked Jules in the past to close down some of our other threads which have gone on crazy tangents and it's not something he likes to do without major reason.. which I respect. Not to mention, when a mod DID close a previous thread of ours, there were new threads posted in the MOAN forum about how pissed people were that we did that.. even though we had no power over the situation.

This place is often hard to win .. and that my friend is the most ingenuous thing I can say.
Old 1st March 2011
Gear Guru

Quote:
Hi Spencer. I don't run the forum, or make the rules, or have the ability to remove posts, or have any control over a thread closing. I have asked Jules in the past to close down some of our other threads which have gone on crazy tangents and it's not something he likes to do without major reason.. which I respect. Not to mention, when a mod DID close a previous thread of ours, there were new threads posted in the MOAN forum about how pissed people were that we did that.. even though we had no power over the situation.

This place is often hard to win .. and that my friend is the most ingenuous thing I can say.
No more banter here! Back to work!

heh
Old 1st March 2011
Gear Nut

Slate Digital VIRTUAL CONSOLE COLLECTION beta 1

The reason we're here is because you keep on making unkept promises about when the plugin will be ready! I watched a soundonsound interview where you stated it'd be out by last Christmas. There should be every provision made for unforeseen holdups and I accept that, but you shouldnt be so quick to start forecasting a release date. Good customer relationships are built upon trust, and it's difficult to trust someone who just keeps making guesses. I read on the ssd4 thread that you said it'll be out in the spring...I've already seen the advert in soundonsound, that's just asking for the exact same backlash you have here. I'd rather you just said this plugin won't be out until next Christmas and then you surprise us with an early release!
Old 1st March 2011
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiccup View Post
The reason we're here is because you keep on making unkept promises about when the plugin will be ready! I watched a soundonsound interview where you stated it'd be out by last Christmas. There should be every provision made for unforeseen holdups and I accept that, but you shouldnt be so quick to start forecasting a release date. Good customer relationships are built upon trust, and it's difficult to trust someone who just keeps making guesses. I read on the ssd4 thread that you said it'll be out in the spring...I've already seen the advert in soundonsound, that's just asking for the exact same backlash you have here. I'd rather you just said this plugin won't be out until next Christmas and then you surprise us with an early release!
+1
Old 1st March 2011
Lives for gear
I would dearly love to own this before

a) I grow a beard down to my knees
b) I learn esperanto
c) I die

Make my wish come true!

Thanks,
Tom
Old 1st March 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiccup View Post
+1

Please stop posting "we are working on last min bug fixes." anymore. Post when you have a release. It's becoming annoying seeing all these "soon" "next week" "last min bug fixes" for past several months.
Old 1st March 2011
Gear Head
Quote:
Originally Posted by h4nc0 View Post
Please stop posting "we are working on last min bug fixes." anymore. Post when you have a release. It's becoming annoying seeing all these "soon" "next week" "last min bug fixes" for past several months.
+1
.... not seriously
My friends ask me as affairs with VCC ?
I transfer them words Slate Press (without changing any word) and it causes bewilderment already long time

Sorry, but I not is that who deceives
Correct the RELATION to us please - It starts to offend
Old 1st March 2011
Gear Addict

Red face

Sorry but...hmmm... still NO ILOK2 here!!!Some brazilian fellas allready received it.Where's mine? yeahhh
Old 1st March 2011
Lives for gear

For those on this forum on the regular.... and those who will remain for longer still... in the future this thread will be remembered for reasons good and bad...

It's a strange experience we have all taken part in... just think, some time in the future the VCC no matter how good will seem like old technology, there will be some newer processors, better algos, new emulation techniques and this will be an old school 64bit plug.... can't believe it's not 256!

Yeah i want to get my grubby audio mitts on the finished version, i like the beta a lot....

But this thread is great, been a rollercoaster, a monument to audio software progress... who woulda thought this would be taking place when i was tripping over how good ValveTone62 sounded all those moons ago!!

Don't close this classic thread!, and Steven shouldn't be dismayed.... if no one gave a damn about your impending release or new ideas, then you should be dismayed!

Slate Digital want the product out there earning them money more than any of us want it to use for sure...

It's all good.

Zz.
Old 1st March 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by RecS View Post
+1
.... not seriously
My friends ask me as affairs with VCC ?
I transfer them words Slate Press (without changing any word) and it causes bewilderment already long time

Sorry, but I not is that who deceives
Correct the RELATION to us please - It starts to offend
I of who is not Slate receive all the times the message, but am not finding the puzzled.
Old 1st March 2011
Lives for gear

Oh my God.

Mods, lock this thread!

- c
Old 1st March 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Sonya View Post
Oh my God.

Mods, lock this thread!

- c

lololol...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agzilla View Post
For those on this forum on the regular.... and those who will remain for longer still... in the future this thread will be remembered for reasons good and bad...

It's a strange experience we have all taken part in... just think, some time in the future the VCC no matter how good will seem like old technology, there will be some newer processors, better algos, new emulation techniques and this will be an old school 64bit plug.... can't believe it's not 256!

Yeah i want to get my grubby audio mitts on the finished version, i like the beta a lot....

But this thread is great, been a rollercoaster, a monument to audio software progress... who woulda thought this would be taking place when i was tripping over how good ValveTone62 sounded all those moons ago!!

Don't close this classic thread!, and Steven shouldn't be dismayed.... if no one gave a damn about your impending release or new ideas, then you should be dismayed!

Slate Digital want the product out there earning them money more than any of us want it to use for sure...

It's all good.

Zz.

Last edited by Agzilla; 1st March 2011 at 05:22 PM.. Reason: Clarity of quotes..lol
Old 1st March 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Oh my God.

Mods, lock this thread!

- c
Hold on a sec.....

Thank you Slate for the cheap beta and free Ilok.

I don't understand all the damn whining.

Now you can Lock it.

Al
Old 1st March 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Oh my God.

Mods, lock this thread!

- c
Vote for closure of this thread too.

@Slate

Keep up the good work and announce the final product with a new thread.

Cheers
Old 1st March 2011
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Mods, lock this thread!
No, please don't. Since I got my cable TV disconnected, this thread is my only source of comedy entertainment.
Old 1st March 2011
I think closing this thread for now is a good idea... not a lot of new useful info coming to the fold.

When the VCC is eventually released we'll start up a new one.

Closed