The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
PC to Mac switch HELP!!!
Old 23rd August 2010
Gear Nut

Question PC to Mac switch HELP!!!

Buying a new i3 iMac this week, but I have some concerns.

I currently have PT7 (mBox2) installed on my PC. When I get the PT8 upgrade will I be able to set it up without first installing version 7? I know Snow Leopard only works with version 8.

Also, I have Reason 4 installed on my PC. Can I transfer the license over to the Mac?
Old 23rd August 2010
Gear Nut

PC to Mac switch HELP!!!

Yes and yes. You can fresh install PT8. And there's a Mac and pc version of reason on the install disc.
Old 23rd August 2010
Gear Nut

Thank you Asian Steve.

I should have been more specific in my original message. The Reason 4 that I have is an upgrade from version 2.5. Will Snow Leopard allow the install of 2.5 or would I start by placing the version 4 disc in first.
Old 23rd August 2010
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtrguru View Post
Thank you Asian Steve.

I should have been more specific in my original message. The Reason 4 that I have is an upgrade from version 2.5. Will Snow Leopard allow the install of 2.5 or would I start by placing the version 4 disc in first.
I did exactly the same thing. Originally brought 2.5 on PC and upgraded to 4. I just used the v4 discs on my new Mac and had no probs.
Old 23rd August 2010
Gear Nut

Thanks. I get the iMac Wednesday. I'm so excited. I haven't had a Mac since the G4 was new.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search