The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Wavelab Essential 6 installation
Old 3rd June 2010
Gear interested

Wavelab Essential 6 installation

Apologies if I missed an existing thread about this. I tried searching for it and had a hard time finding a definitive answer.

So I just bought Wavelab Essential 6. I don't have an internet connection on the computer I wish to use it in. I knew going into it that there would need to be some tricky business regarding activating the license using my internet-connected computer and then getting that onto my music computer, but then the program came today with no dongle because it uses this Soft-eLicenser thing, which threw me for a loop.

Steinberg's website seems to say definitively that one cannot possibly use the program on a computer without an internet connection because of this, since the activation code is created based on the computer that is connected to the internet. That strikes me as unbelievable, since I would imagine a lot of potential Wavelab users are in the same boat. Are they talking only about activation, or is it impossible to use another computer to activate the license and then move it to the proper computer? Can I do this by buying a dongle and activating the license on that?
Old 3rd June 2010
Lives for gear

The software eLicense client needs to be downloaded and installed on the computer where the application software (WaveLab) resides...AFAIK there is no way around this.
Is it possible to connect your DAW computer to the internet?
Once the eLicense client has been installed and activated you can disconnect from the internet.
You would not be able to move WaveLab to any other computer unless you remove the license from the current computer and then reinstall onto a different computer.
Old 3rd June 2010
Gear interested

At the moment it is not possible for me to connect the computer to the internet, unfortunately. ech.. unless anyone has any other ideas how to get this to work, I guess I'm stuck until I get that computer online. Thanks though.
Old 3rd June 2010
Lives for gear

I use 2 PCs: One for recording (no net connection) and the other one for Wavelab stuff (with net connection). Can you not work it that way?
Best of luck anyway

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search